2014 Silverado value

Thinking of getting rid of my truck and wanting to find out what would be a fair price. 

Had on ebay at 45K had several watchers no takers.

2014 Silverado LTZ71 all star edition.  Here is what is done to the truck!.

List of mods

2014 Silverado z71

Milage 5,761 No dings dents scratches garage kept never driven in the winter been caught in 2 rain storms.

Rare color rainforest green metallic (1)Lingenfelter package $14,000

Magnuson supercharger

Kooks long tube headers

Kooks y pipe with high flow cats

Corsa cat back exhaust

Air raid cold air intake.

(2)Weather tech $500

Bug shield

Floor mats front and rear

Mudflaps front and rear

(3)Ranch $1800

tanneau cover color match

(4)bedrug $400

(5) wet okole $950

Seat covers with seat heaters

(6) GM under rear seat storage $300

(7) Lund running boards $350

Thank you for your input

14_Z71_2.jpg

Sadly some of your add on's do not give it more value. Sure it costs you money but it doesn't mean the truck should cost more because of it.

The blower kit and exhaust stuff can be added on top of the "value" of the truck but the other stuff not so much.

Your added weather tech stuff and running boards are just stuff that some people would just take out/off and the underseat storage could be binned as well.

Some of those things you may be better off selling on the side because nobody really cares that the original owner spent $300 on a storage bin from the dealer type of thing.

My take is $35-40k for the right buyer looking for a really low mileage supercharged truck. Because you can get into a used 2016-18 truck for 30-35k with low mileage and be only 5-7k away from where you are now with a supercharger kit.

Yep, agree with the others. It will be a big challenge to get 45K for the truck. It's essentially 6 years old now. Add-ons will be lucky to get 20% of their value in resale, as they are always worth the most by far to the orig buyer. Same with colour. Green isn't a hot colour, except to the rare person that likes green. 
Suggest- use KBB and see what 6 year old trucks like yours in excellent cond. are going for & add a bit for the mods. That should get you in the ballpark
Some of the add-ons you'll be best to sell separate, as you get more for them that way, but it will be more of a PITA.

Just my thoughts based on my experience.

IMHO, the supercharger/headers/intake/exhaust = you've used up a bunch of the drivetrains life, which reduces the trucks value.

Now, a kid who doesn't know any better, and wants a hopped up truck to burn up tires with until the engine and/or transmission goes, that person might go for your truck..

I have to disagree with the others to its value. You don’t mention ifs there is warranty left from the installation, that would help. It’s easy to tell ifs it been abused. Ifs that’s the worry. I personally wouldn’t go that route, that wasn’t the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I do not expect to get a lot for the add ons such as mats and running boards etc...  i was just listing what the truck had.

Now for performance parts the old rule of thumb has been about half what they cost (these are more less new with low miles)

The most the truck was abused was when it was dynoed.

Thank you all for the input so far.

11 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I have to disagree with the others to its value. You don’t mention ifs there is warranty left from the installation, that would help. It’s easy to tell ifs it been abused. Ifs that’s the worry. I personally wouldn’t go that route, that wasn’t the question.

Thank you for your input.

Great point!

There is only about 6 months worth of the lingenfelter warranty left on the truck now.

Truck has definitely not been abused I'm older and know what things cost and this was my money put into it ( sent with gentle effect).  I take care of all my vehicles and all my possessions.

Thank you

10 hours ago, EaglesZ71 said:

Thinking of getting rid of my truck and wanting to find out what would be a fair price. 

Had on ebay at 45K had several watchers no takers.

2014 Silverado LTZ71 all star edition.  Here is what is done to the truck!.

List of mods

2014 Silverado z71

Milage 5,761 No dings dents scratches garage kept never driven in the winter been caught in 2 rain storms.

Rare color rainforest green metallic (1)Lingenfelter package $14,000

Magnuson supercharger

Kooks long tube headers

Kooks y pipe with high flow cats

Corsa cat back exhaust

Air raid cold air intake.

(2)Weather tech $500

Bug shield

Floor mats front and rear

Mudflaps front and rear

(3)Ranch $1800

tanneau cover color match

(4)bedrug $400

(5) wet okole $950

Seat covers with seat heaters

(6) GM under rear seat storage $300

(7) Lund running boards $350

Thank you for your input

14_Z71_2.jpg

Why are you selling it?

Thank you for your input.
Great point!
There is only about 6 months worth of the lingenfelter warranty left on the truck now.
Truck has definitely not been abused I'm older and know what things cost and this was my money put into it ( sent with gentle effect).  I take care of all my vehicles and all my possessions.
Thank you

I’ve bought used performance vehicles all my life with the expectation of repairs for obvious reasons. Usually with expected discounts. The warranty on this vehicle is enough to eliminate concerns of abuse.

Oh nice. Well good luck selling. I’ve had some success on local classifieds and even Autotrader.com. 

Sometimes in on the back of truck magazines they have site or forums you can post to/list on. Might be a way to get that higher dollar. 

Edited by DenaliX14

Nice clean truck! While I always wanted to add a SC to my own, Im not sure I would trust a used one - was it some rich kid's present to rag on all day or a guy trying to tow a 13k lb boat? Low miles, so I would be wary. Also, 2014 is a 1st year redesign thats now 2 grills out of date. You are essentially a 6.2 with that mileage, so I would look at that value to compare. I remove all my assessories before trading in a truck as they give no value...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Beautiful truck!  A well written ad will spark interest.  I'd focus on the Lingenfelter package, low mileage and that its been treated as a show vehicle since new.  If Lingfeller installed the package, I'd state this clearly in the add with a link to their website.  I'd also phone Lingfeller and see if they have a recommended advertiser.  I agree with others that most of your other additions will not add value but may also be expected when purchasing a premium used vehicle.  Price your truck on the high end of the KBB recommendation.  Remember that potential buyers will expect to negotiate so establish what you will accept and set your asking price accordingly.  Your costly modifications will limit interest, but may attract a knowledgeable and enthusiastic buyer!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1