2019 Silverado cabin rumbles when slowing down

Mine does the same thing and I also have the transmission rumble. What a piece of trash this truck is turning out to be.

The dealership is waiting for a new valve body for the transmission, they are hoping that fixes the issues. 

Man, I agree with you. Aren’t we supposed to get excited when we get a new vehicle? I’m not the least bit since I got mine and discovered all the issues.

I’m glad someone at least has a dealer working towards resolving this problem. Hopefully the valve body fixes yours. I’m going to take mine in next week.

Thanks for the reply and please keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It honestly feels like it could be 2 things.

One is a bad or crappy designed torque converter. I read somewhere that the Silverado is using some parts from the Corvette and that they are trying to cheapen production by using duplicate parts. I have felt a bad torque converter before and honestly that is what it feels like, but it's odd because the rumble for almost everyone is at low RPM at EVERY speed. This leads me to believe that it is the valve body causing it and at low RPM the pressure isn't being held properly which is why we all see it while slowing down.

I'm almost betting we see this as a TSB in the future. Either way it feels like the transmission is taking a dump.

It honestly feels like it could be 2 things.

One is a bad or crappy designed torque converter. I read somewhere that the Silverado is using some parts from the Corvette and that they are trying to cheapen production by using duplicate parts. I have felt a bad torque converter before and honestly that is what it feels like, but it's odd because the rumble for almost everyone is at low RPM at EVERY speed. This leads me to believe that it is the valve body causing it and at low RPM the pressure isn't being held properly which is why we all see it while slowing down.

I'm almost betting we see this as a TSB in the future. Either way it feels like the transmission is taking a dump.

I agree with you there. I think it’s the torque converter. I think it’s just locking up too long. Whether some of ours are fixed by a reprogram, valve body etc time will tell. Sucks to have to take a brand new truck with 600 miles on it into the dealer already for who knows how long.

To be fair I haven't felt a torque converter rumble when there was no torque applied. That's what makes the whole situation odd because it feels like it's glazed.

However a bad valve body which is screwing up the pressurizing in the transmission can do this.

• Like 1

Yeah, mine is just on deceleration from say 28-18ish miles an hour right before it’s switching gears. Not on acceleration and at no other speeds. In neutral it doesn’t do it at all. Coasting to a stop without applying the brakes you can feel it rumble a little before it downshifts, under braking its worse because it’s forcing it to get to the next lower gear quicker. Quite strange.

Dropped mine off at the dealer today to have them take a look at it. Funny thing is the loaner I have (2020 slt 8 speed 2wd) does it too. Maybe it’s just the nature of this transmission, or I just have exceptional luck and got two in a row that do it, who knows.

Mine does the same thing and I also have the transmission rumble. What a piece of trash this truck is turning out to be.

The dealership is waiting for a new valve body for the transmission, they are hoping that fixes the issues. 

@grinnen - did you get the new valve body yet?

I had the dealer service manager ride in mine today for this exact issue.  He confirmed he heard and felt the rumbling.  He has absolutely no clue as to the cause or fix.  He wants me to drop truck off tomorrow so they can "go through it and hook up a picoscope".  I don't feel convinced they'll find anything.

I'm reminded of the little snippet in Pro-Comp's lift instructions....it basically says "2019 trucks have an inherent drivetrain vibration from the factory that you just have to live with".  

• Like 2

I had the dealer service manager ride in mine today for this exact issue.  He confirmed he heard and felt the rumbling.  He has absolutely no clue as to the cause or fix.  He wants me to drop truck off tomorrow so they can "go through it and hook up a picoscope".  I don't feel convinced they'll find anything.

I'm reminded of the little snippet in Pro-Comp's lift instructions....it basically says "2019 trucks have an inherent drivetrain vibration from the factory that you just have to live with".  

Yeah, I’m not entirely confident they’ll find anything but worth a shot! The loaner I have does it too, but not nearly as bad. My truck has 700 miles on it and this one has 2,200 so wondering if it gets better over time. Still doesn’t mean it’s right but might be something we have to live with for the time being.

I have this issue as well. 2019 Sierra SLT 6.2L 10spd. Thought it might get better with miles. Nope. Does it every stop. I am going to try the neutral stop tomorrow. I took it to the dealer at 6k mikes they said they don’t feel it. Even my buddy that sold me the truck says he can’t feel it. Same deal as everyone else. You can’t always feel it but you can definitely hear it. I’m over 10k miles now and still does it. I did notice today that if I take my foot off the brake and don’t hit the gas it rolls forward as if my tires were oval. I have had a 6in bds lift since 2k miles and figured the dealer would just blame the lift. I hope someone finds the answer on this post and I will let dealer know. Shifts great 8a6147b5254af5288f43765b134edc90.jpg accelerating.

10 hours ago, STX30MAC said:

I have this issue as well. 2019 Sierra SLT 6.2L 10spd. Thought it might get better with miles. Nope. Does it every stop. I am going to try the neutral stop tomorrow. I took it to the dealer at 6k mikes they said they don’t feel it. Even my buddy that sold me the truck says he can’t feel it. Same deal as everyone else. You can’t always feel it but you can definitely hear it. I’m over 10k miles now and still does it. I did notice today that if I take my foot off the brake and don’t hit the gas it rolls forward as if my tires were oval. I have had a 6in bds lift since 2k miles and figured the dealer would just blame the lift. I hope someone finds the answer on this post and I will let dealer know. Shifts great 8a6147b5254af5288f43765b134edc90.jpg accelerating.

I'm wondering if the 10sp and 8sp have the same torque converter? That would explain it. I have heard nothing but great things about the 10sp and my 8sp other than this issue has been flawless. Butter smooth shifts, hoping it doesn't get messed up trying to solve this other issue. 

Has anyone else tried to clamp the exhaust flapper open? Doubt that's the issue but I didn't have a change to try it on mine. Could be somewhat due to back pressure, would explain why it doesn't do it in neutral.