2019 Silverado cabin rumbles when slowing down

Hello all, has anyone experienced this issue with their 2019 Silverado. Truck continues to (reverberate/rumble) throughout the cabin of the truck when braking/ slowing down. Can really feel the vibration when the RPMs are between 1 to 1.5 and speeds of 20 to 35. The service department and GM have no diagnosis.

Edited by Chevy11-19

Do you feel the vibration in the steering wheel, or is it a general drive train vibration? Depending on your engine/transmission combo, this could be AFM kicking in. I don't notice AFM on mine until I'm at the same RPM and road speed as you describe. At those speeds and below, the V4 mode is quite noticeable.

I haven't had any of the issues with transmission shudder so I don't know if that would manifest itself the way you describe; someone else might have a better idea.

I have the exact same issue, brought it up on here as well.  2019 with 8 spd and 5.3.  Happens on decel between 25-20 mph like clockwork.  Not an actual vibration you can feel per se, but more of a cabin reverberation.  Weird, but bery noticeable, except for the tech that checked it out of course.

• Like 2

The service department, tried a new drive shaft/u joint no change. New tires didn’t help. They stated they actually adjusted the engine where it would not down shift to 4 cylinder and the reverberation was there. The dealership has actually decided to replace my truck. I had to test drive 5 trucks today before I found one that doesn’t do this. TxAg98 is correct it’s not something you feel but you hear and it really got worse over time. And it’s annoying. They had my truck for about 5 weeks before they gave up.

Super annoying. About to take my truck back in again for the same thing.  Nothing really seems to affect it, i.e.. temperature, speed, etc.  It always does it the exact same place for me, decel 25-20, regular mode, sport mode, doesn't matter.

So finally after going into 5 weeks they couldn’t get parts. The service department had to convince GM to replace parts in the rear diff. But rings, pinions and a yoke are not readily available for this year. Per the dealership. So they finally approved a full rear axle that still hasn’t arrived. So I made the call again to the General manager of the dealership. And he got GM to swap out vehicles. 

Before I left my vehicle. I made sure the advisor, shop foreman and director and I were all on the same page. They all could hear it and stated it was to excessive/ severe vs the other trucks on the lot. And the only difference was my truck was going on 800 miles vs trucks that hadn’t been sold yet. But these trucks seem to have this issue and they do not know if it only gets worse with use ( deterioration) per service. They’re just to new they said. 

• 3 months later...

Any findings on this one? My new Denali is doing the same thing, thinking it’s the torque converter but mine has the new tranny fluid and only has 150 miles on it so hoping it will get better over time and as the transmission breaks in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, all the service department could come up with is that the rear differential was bad. So they eventually were going to replace the whole rear axle of the truck. But they could never get the part in so that’s what led to the dealership exchanging my truck out. They thought this was the issue because when you put the truck in neutral the rumbling would stop when the truck was slowing down.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, all the service department could come up with is that the rear differential was bad. So they eventually were going to replace the whole rear axle of the truck. But they could never get the part in so that’s what led to the dealership exchanging my truck out. They thought this was the issue because when you put the truck in neutral the rumbling would stop when the truck was slowing down.

Wow, that’s interesting. Thanks for the reply. Glad it resulted in you getting a new truck but sounds like your service dept has no idea what they were doing. If it is put in neutral, the load is taken off of the transmission and torque converter. Putting it in neutral the rear diff and axel is still rotating so if it wasn’t doing it it is likely something in the trans.

Great point, I was just happy to get out of that truck since the noise was so terrible. And to be fair the truck they replaced it with had a bit of a rumble but eventually went away once it got more mileage on it. Sounds like you think this has something to do with the truck down shifting and just needs to be broken in? 

• Like 1

Great point, I was just happy to get out of that truck since the noise was so terrible. And to be fair the truck they replaced it with had a bit of a rumble but eventually went away once it got more mileage on it. Sounds like you think this has something to do with the truck down shifting and just needs to be broken in? 

Yeah I hear that, glad they took care if you with the new truck! I don’t know if it will go away or not. When I posted on here I had 150 miles and have 496 on it now and it’s still doing it.

I put it in L6 which gets rid of DFM and it still does it. I am going to put it in neutral tomorrow and see what it does. I think something is wrong with the torque converter but it’s surprising because it drives and shifts pretty flawlessy on acceleration and deceleration other than 2nd to first gear.

I would have taken it in already but I had a 2013 Sierra that spent 65 days in the shop in the first few months that I owned it and don’t want to go down that road again.

Was hoping someone on this forum might be experiencing the same and it was an easy fix haha