2019 Silverado cabin rumbles when slowing down

Well I have that rumble on deceleration and light throttle. While slowing down I placed it in neutral and coasted to a stop. Zero issues. Placed it in drive and did exactly the same. Rumbles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the same thing today. Rumbles in drive from 30-18 mph. In neutral, absolutely as smooth as can be. Gotta be the transmission or torque converter.

Are you planning on taking your truck into the dealer? Let's figure this one out together! 

I have already. They denied any vibrations no matter what I tell or show them. I asked them to changed my fluid and they refused saying it’s all working normally. I’ve had many issues with this truck so I hired a lawyer. Waiting to hear what’s my next step

I have already. They denied any vibrations no matter what I tell or show them. I asked them to changed my fluid and they refused saying it’s all working normally. I’ve had many issues with this truck so I hired a lawyer. Waiting to hear what’s my next step

Ah man, bummer to hear. I’m going to take mine in this week or next and let you know what I find out.

That’s BS that the dealer won’t change your fluid even though there’s a TSB on it.

I think I had this on my 19, but my 20 doesn't seem to do it. Seemed like a rumble backfire almost when I would take my foot off the gas around 30 and coast towards a stoplight.

Did anyone try clamping the flapper valve open before the muffler? I had mine a clamped open for a while and now that I think about it, I don't recall that noise happening. But I don't have that truck anymore. It could be that valve rattling or doing something goofy with the engine and back pressure. Although my noise I'm thinking of could be completely different than what the OP was describing

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I did the same thing today. Rumbles in drive from 30-18 mph. In neutral, absolutely as smooth as can be. Gotta be the transmission or torque converter.

My truck does this a bit. Almost seems like regenerative braking. I Have gotten used to it as it doesn’t happen all the time. It’s similar to my 2000, between 38 and 45 the torque converter would lock up and “rumble”. They reprogrammed and solved the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think I had this on my 19, but my 20 doesn't seem to do it. Seemed like a rumble backfire almost when I would take my foot off the gas around 30 and coast towards a stoplight.

Did anyone try clamping the flapper valve open before the muffler? I had mine a clamped open for a while and now that I think about it, I don't recall that noise happening. But I don't have that truck anymore. It could be that valve rattling or doing something goofy with the engine and back pressure. Although my noise I'm thinking of could be completely different than what the OP was describing

Appreciate the input Shamrock. Does your 20 have the 10 speed? I don’t think this is the exact issue I’m having, feels like my torque converter is hanging on to the gear as long as it can before shifting to the next lower one. Only happens in 2nd and 1st gear. That being said, I’m definitely willing to try the flapper. You never know! It’s a cheap fix and easier than taking it to the dealer at this point so I’ll give it a shot.

My truck does this a bit. Almost seems like regenerative braking. I Have gotten used to it as it doesn’t happen all the time. It’s similar to my 2000, between 38 and 45 the torque converter would lock up and “rumble”. They reprogrammed and solved the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Ryan, that was kind of my thinking too. I pm’d a guy who is a tech on here and that’s kind of what he said, they are just trying to squeeze every mpg they can out of it. He said that doesn’t mean there isn’t something wrong with mine in particular and to go ahead and take it in. Good to hear a reprogram fixed it for you. Hoping they don’t have to to tear anything apart to fix mine.

I had the flapper clamped open and it didn’t help. Sorry

Oh well. It was worth shot. My 2020 with the 5.3 10 speed doesn't make any funny noises or hard shifts "yet". My 19 would sound like it was backfiring/crackling in the exhaust when coasting. Hope you guys get this figured out