2005 Silverado

Have a clean 05 Silverado 1500, only rust at bottom on both sides front fenders. Debating whether to patch for a cheap temporary fix or replace both fenders. Any advice on patching? And if I go with replacing the fenders, any idea on cost? If I could find some used that match my truck color would they stick out ?

Just guessing.....you can probably get both fenders painted for a couple of hundred bucks. Then you hang and adjust them.

For a shop to paint, hang and blend would be in the 5-600 range. Again, that is just a guess based off of my experiences in the Florida market.

I've pulled good fenders, hoods and doors from junkyards, and the color has been a great match.  It only looked a little off because the pin striping tape was at a slightly different offset.

You do need the exact same color though.  My truck uses the paint code for silver birch, and I didn't know the silver color from earlier trucks (I think 99-02 or 03) was silver something else, and the shade is noticeably different, which cost me some money having to paint it the right shade.