rear seat mod

not sure were in this forum i read it/saw it. but for those who never heard of this... its awesome. as we know the rear seat  back doesnt fold down/just the base up. by removing the rear seat full bench or the60/40 it works the same. but once removed you will seethe 2 back hooks on bench/3 on 60/40 that lock back rest to cab. cut 2.5 inches off the tabs. no more than 2.5 in. but 2.5 seems to be the magic #. after the cut. give the tabs a small tweek out.. an reinstall. now when u fold up ur  back will unlock n fold down or lock the base up w the back etc. it allows you to access behind the seat. i did my amp rack there an theres room to put whatever u like. hold seat back to wall an let base go.. full lock. love it..

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mikedeezxxx said:

Love my rear seat mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seriously.. its so simple but it allows for jus that little extra space for whatever.. its killer.. a must do..

I have this and love it. My old truck i sold to buddy and the day he saw it he said I have to have it.

I did it for the area for my amps and audio equipment. But I would still do it just to store stuff back there. Nice to put a rifle there if you worry about smash and grab criminals. 

Only tip I have is cover the seat back with old rag so sparks or saw doesn't hit the thin black cloth and RIP it. There is zero structural issues with this mod. 

I have also seen people add rear seat spacers to get.more room under the seat for boxes. 

• 10 months later...