power liftgate for 2019 trail boss

hello everyone, I'm new to the Silverado family.

I just bought a 2019 trail boss pretty much fully loaded BUT they skimped on the tail gate by only making it open electronically.

this is just stupid if you have the technology to do it in the high country and ltz line, why would you give us half ass on the trail boss....

anyways , do anyone knows if this can be upgraded somehow on the trail boss? if I can buy and install the motor that will pull it back up and install it?

thank you

19 minutes ago, oldmann said:

Cheaper truck, so not as many options.  Just how it is.  FYI, A truck with a power up tailgate has a button on the cluster and can be power up from the fob.  

I wouldn't call a 60k truck a cheap truck... it was actually more expensive than the high country 2x4 on the lot.

it does have the key fob and cluster button on it...

but the function is only half way. goes down - doesn't go up. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 2019 trail bosss said:

I wouldn't call a 60k truck a cheap truck... it was actually more expensive than the high country 2x4 on the lot.

it does have the key fob and cluster button on it...

but the function is only half way. goes down - doesn't go up. 

You're right and should expect more for your dollar.  My wife's 2018 Honda Odyssey, $41,000 NEW, with 3 Rows of Leather Seats,  Rear TV Entertainment System, Navigation, Power Rear Cargo Door  (Up & Down), Power Sliding Doors,  Heated Seats,  Sun Roof,  Leather Steering with radio buttons, Honda Sensing with Lane Keep Assist and Cruise Control distance monitoring.  

I love my 2019 Trail Boss Custom, but find it mindless, completely mindless that it doesn't have Steering Wheel Radio Controls and a few other basic features for a $40K price tag. 

There is a reason that 2019 Q1 & Q2 Sales Volume for RAM 1500 Pick-up, increased 50,000 units compared to 2018, and Chevrolet decreased 30,000 units compared to the same period.

Right now, RAM outsold Chevrolet by 37,000 units at avg price of $40,000 per unit or $1.48 BILLION DOLLARS lost market.  The reason is obvious.  RAM increased interior options and configurations for 2019 model line-up, larger high tech screens in the base model, work trucks that have chrome appearance package options, etc.  Chevrolet went the opposite direction, and for the first time (ever) RAM is now ahead of Chevrolet in sales volume, capturing the #2 spot for Truck sales.

And if you include the "opportunity lost" RAM isn't just beating Chevrolet by 37,000 units, RAM gained 50,000 units compared to last year (they won more market space) and that 50K units at $40,000 is worth another $2 BILLION.   

Q2 SALES:

RAM is up 38% compared to 2018 with, Q2 2019 at 179,454 units sold

Chevrolet is down 8%, to 142,464

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/07/gmc-sierra-sales-numbers-figures-results-q2-2019/

For what it’s worth, Ram doesn’t have a power tailgate on any trim. And your Honda Odyssey doesn’t have four wheel drive, and can’t tow hardly anything. It costs less than a comparably equipped Silverado because it’s much less capable. All there is to it. 

• Like 6

Sure, but 4WD doesn't add that much to the price of a vehicle, just take our trucks for example, apparently it's the options (trims) Custom vs LT vs LTZ vs High Country, all with 4WD.  If that doesn't work, let's explore a Honda PILOT EX-L with AWD, 3 Rows Leather Seats, Navi, RES, Honda Sensing, Power Rear Gate, etc it's cheaper than the Odyssey  (I'm not going to debate 4WD vs AWD, I know the difference, but you get the idea)

You're right RAM doesn't have that power tailgate, but look at all those options the models come with, their hole website is dedicated to comparing models and trims.  You might be shocked: 8spd Automatic across the board, massive touch screen displays, sliding rear windows in the base models, work trucks (Tradesman) that come with options for chrome appearance packages, etc...

Bottom Line,  $40K has implications for interiors, consumers have expectations at that price point.  They will money shop if they are not  brand loyal like you and I.    179,000 of these consumers just picked up a RAM, 50,000 more than this time last year.  

31 minutes ago, BobbyAlton said:

179,000 of these consumers just picked up a RAM, 50,000 more than this time last year.  

Yea, and 49,000 of them are probably regretting it?.  I don't quite understand some buy a vehicle knowing what they are getting and then have the audacity to come on here and complain about what didn't come with said purchase. Why buy it if you don't like it. Maybe some purchase without checking things out first. Just my take on what I've gathered from this forum since the T1's have came out.

• Like 5

didnt want to bring it up, just wanted to see if anyone knows if there is option to upgrade the tailgate to work both ways...

but a vehicle with this price tag MUST HAVE; 

a passenger electric seat, not Manual like in 80's (only driver side comes electric)

navigation (not just the crapy apple play ) 

ZOOM OPTION in rear camera (comes standard on other less expensive models) but from some reason they put a reverse camera without this option wtf?!

electric folding side mirrors, again, its not the 90's anymore

light in the visors mirrors, they put led on the interior lighting but no light at all on any of the visors interior mirrors, what's the point of that? making the interior nice but leaving the basics out

electric telescopic steering wheel and not Manual  as it has

rear wheel tub liner, they give only one to the front and leave the back exposed to see all the welds and screws exposed, "nice"! they skimped on a $90 part.

I can count a dozen more cheap ways that they saved money on this car and just put a price tag on it as they will, and don't give this towing or 4 wheel drive crap as a reason of the price tag, they just do whatever they want to do because they know people will pay.

and yes I am not happy with it, and maybe even return it, just to say it can tow??! is not a good enough reason for a 60k price tag. fulled me once- never again.

even the bed is without a bed liner... but thank god I have a sun roof... very important, NOT!

Edited by 2019 trail bosss
  • Like 1

Did you buy the truck online, mail order or something??? Little research or even just looking at the truck before buying would have went a long way for you.

I don’t find any of that stuff to be a must have, or a given at “x” amount of dollars...but FYI, the majority the stuff you’re “missing” is equipped on most LTZs, SLTs, etc. You would have been ahead to just buy one of those and put the Trail Boss lift on it. ?‍♂️

Edited by OnTheReel
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, 2019 trail bosss said:

fulled me once- never again.

I'm assuming that you meant fooled me once. How do you figure that they fooled you? Did you not check truck out and know what you were getting before purchase?

Sounds like you just didn’t do your homework on what they offer in each trim before you purchased. No offense but if you’re not happy with the features you did or didn’t pay for, that’s on you, not GM. These features in no way need to be “standard”. Same as being entitled to everything.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2019 trail bosss said:

didnt want to bring it up, just wanted to see if anyone knows if there is option to upgrade the tailgate to work both ways...

but a vehicle with this price tag MUST HAVE; 

a passenger electric seat, not Manual like in 80's (only driver side comes electric)

navigation (not just the crapy apple play ) 

ZOOM OPTION in rear camera (comes standard on other less expensive models) but from some reason they put a reverse camera without this option wtf?!

electric folding side mirrors, again, its not the 90's anymore

light in the visors mirrors, they put led on the interior lighting but no light at all on any of the visors interior mirrors, what's the point of that? making the interior nice but leaving the basics out

electric telescopic steering wheel and not Manual  as it has

rear wheel tub liner, they give only one to the front and leave the back exposed to see all the welds and screws exposed, "nice"! they skimped on a $90 part.

I can count a dozen more cheap ways that they saved money on this car and just put a price tag on it as they will, and don't give this towing or 4 wheel drive crap as a reason of the price tag, they just do whatever they want to do because they know people will pay.

and yes I am not happy with it, and maybe even return it, just to say it can tow??! is not a good enough reason for a 60k price tag. fulled me once- never again.

even the bed is without a bed liner... but thank god I have a sun roof... very important, NOT!

Ram it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Booger T said:

Yea, and 49,000 of them are probably regretting it?.  I don't quite understand some buy a vehicle knowing what they are getting and then have the audacity to come on here and complain about what didn't come with said purchase. Why buy it if you don't like it. Maybe some purchase without checking things out first. Just my take on what I've gathered from this forum since the T1's have came out.

That's because you do not have the ability (or the desire) to see things beyond your immediate 2ft field of view.  2ft I say, 2ft. 

Audacity was it?  I like my truck alot, but I think there is too little value in the interior options per the price.  It's my opinion.  Same with the OP [2019 trail bosss]  Both he and I have come to the forum looking for options, mods, sharing intel,  is that not what the site is for?  Can no one say anything about price/value, was that topic somehow off limits?  Please show me the clause in the membership stating that much.

At the end of the day, I'm a $40k buyer, now and in the past.  That's my number and it comes with expectations.  In 2016, I purchased new, a 2016 2500HD Crew Cab, Long Bed, LT Trim,  All Star Pkg, 4WD, 6.0L, for $39,686 plus sales tax, roughly $41K OTD.  It came with power seats, leather steering wheel with audio buttons, heated driver & passenger seats, trailer brake, etc.  

3 Years later, that same truck as optioned is apparently a $51K truck.  Something happened in the last 3 years, the prices are highly inflated (per the option groups)  In my humble opin, there is less and less value in the truck per the price tag.  I don't know if it's the price of the steel, the electronics, or what the deal is, but inflation is awful.  

1.jpg

a.jpg

1 hour ago, BobbyAlton said:

That's because you do not have the ability (or the desire) to see things beyond your immediate 2ft field of view.  2ft I say, 2ft. 

Audacity was it?  I like my truck alot, but I think there is too little value in the interior options per the price.  It's my opinion.  Same with the OP [2019 trail bosss]  Both he and I have come to the forum looking for options, mods, sharing intel,  is that not what the site is for?  Can no one say anything about price/value, was that topic somehow off limits?  Please show me the clause in the membership stating that much.

At the end of the day, I'm a $40k buyer, now and in the past.  That's my number and it comes with expectations.  In 2016, I purchased new, a 2016 2500HD Crew Cab, Long Bed, LT Trim,  All Star Pkg, 4WD, 6.0L, for $39,686 plus sales tax, roughly $41K OTD.  It came with power seats, leather steering wheel with audio buttons, heated driver & passenger seats, trailer brake, etc.  

3 Years later, that same truck as optioned is apparently a $51K truck.  Something happened in the last 3 years, the prices are highly inflated (per the option groups)  In my humble opin, there is less and less value in the truck per the price tag.  I don't know if it's the price of the steel, the electronics, or what the deal is, but inflation is awful.  

1.jpg

a.jpg

I too was just stating my opinion. Beyond that this topic doesn't rate anymore response from me!

• Thanks 1