power liftgate for 2019 trail boss

2 hours ago, BobbyAlton said:

That's because you do not have the ability (or the desire) to see things beyond your immediate 2ft field of view.  2ft I say, 2ft. 

Audacity was it?  I like my truck alot, but I think there is too little value in the interior options per the price.  It's my opinion.  Same with the OP [2019 trail bosss]  Both he and I have come to the forum looking for options, mods, sharing intel,  is that not what the site is for?  Can no one say anything about price/value, was that topic somehow off limits?  Please show me the clause in the membership stating that much.

At the end of the day, I'm a $40k buyer, now and in the past.  That's my number and it comes with expectations.  In 2016, I purchased new, a 2016 2500HD Crew Cab, Long Bed, LT Trim,  All Star Pkg, 4WD, 6.0L, for $39,686 plus sales tax, roughly $41K OTD.  It came with power seats, leather steering wheel with audio buttons, heated driver & passenger seats, trailer brake, etc.  

3 Years later, that same truck as optioned is apparently a $51K truck.  Something happened in the last 3 years, the prices are highly inflated (per the option groups)  In my humble opin, there is less and less value in the truck per the price tag.  I don't know if it's the price of the steel, the electronics, or what the deal is, but inflation is awful.  

1.jpg

a.jpg

Thank you bobbyalton! Couldn’t say it better myself.

love your blue color on the trail boss i wish it was available on the dealership the day I bought mine.

i had this exact argument with my wife today- how a 60k truck gets less and less options, and nobody seems to care and just continue to buy buy buy. Same thing with the iPhone for example- we went from paying $500 few years ago to $1100 yesteryear, even though technology should get cheaper and cheaper (look at flat screen tvs)

Like you said, i just came to see if i can upgrade my truck a bit, never complained about the price till someone brought it up.

Funny note- today i gave the car to the dealership to do the bed liner, got a loaner from them a 2019 colorado basic range, cloth seats etc... and guess what- it has lights in the visors!! WOW how fancy is that??! My trail boss doesn’t have it and im guessing yours also dont have it....

a $20 piece, that they already have (same exact visor as the trail boss) no need to special make it, but no light. Go figure

No, no lights on my visors either.  On the tailgate topic, I bet there is a way to acquire the UP motor and hook it up, just will take some homework and patience to find one on eBay.   I'm going to keep at it with this steering wheel radio button thing I've been complaining about, eventually I will get there.  I've already purchased & installed a new leather steering wheel with the buttons, acquired a Speedo Gauge Cluster from the same LT truck, and now just need to send it out for programming.  The Steering Radio buttons go thru the Speedo Gauge to the Radio Receiver, so that was necessary.  I just have to get the memory card on the Speedo Gauge cleared so as to avoid any tampering error codes.  Mailing it out to White's Automotive & Media Svc soon....and if that doesn't solve the problem, I'll try to find the radio receiver (IOS or IOT) from and LT  truck and go from there.  

BTW, not like I'm going to buy a Dodge or a Ford, but wow - did you know the rear seats on the Dodge RAM Laramie, recline?  The rear seats recline - whoa!  The seat bottom slides forward and the back reclines a couple inches, that's a really big deal for road trips with the family.  Do any of our Silverado Trim levels (LTZ, High Country) do that?    

The good news, our trucks do hold value over time. This is my 3rd Silverado, never lost any money selling or trading the previous 2.  If rumors pan out regarding the 2021 "Interior Refresh"  then I'll likely make a move then.  Would just like to see my dollar go a little farther than it did this time.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BobbyAlton said:

No, no lights on my visors either.  On the tailgate topic, I bet there is a way to acquire the UP motor and hook it up, just will take some homework and patience to find one on eBay.   I'm going to keep at it with this steering wheel radio button thing I've been complaining about, eventually I will get there.  I've already purchased & installed a new leather steering wheel with the buttons, acquired a Speedo Gauge Cluster from the same LT truck, and now just need to send it out for programming.  The Steering Radio buttons go thru the Speedo Gauge to the Radio Receiver, so that was necessary.  I just have to get the memory card on the Speedo Gauge cleared so as to avoid any tampering error codes.  Mailing it out to White's Automotive & Media Svc soon....and if that doesn't solve the problem, I'll try to find the radio receiver (IOS or IOT) from and LT  truck and go from there.  

BTW, not like I'm going to buy a Dodge or a Ford, but wow - did you know the rear seats on the Dodge RAM Laramie, recline?  The rear seats recline - whoa!  The seat bottom slides forward and the back reclines a couple inches, that's a really big deal for road trips with the family.  Do any of our Silverado Trim levels (LTZ, High Country) do that?    

The good news, our trucks do hold value over time. This is my 3rd Silverado, never lost any money selling or trading the previous 2.  If rumors pan out regarding the 2021 "Interior Refresh"  then I'll likely make a move then.  Would just like to see my dollar go a little farther than it did this time.  

yes I actually test drove the dodge, the seats do recline and its awesome! the only reason I didn't go for the dodge is because I think the front cluster is WAY too busy and too many materials at once. making it confusing to my eyes. and I consider myself a tech savvy. also I wanted something to go along with my wife suburban which we always had good experience with (3rd in a row) and the interior of the trail boss looks" familiar" when I enter it as it similar to the suburban.

on the suburban we have all the bells and whistles that one can ask for, that's why I don't understand why cut so many basic stuff out of their trucks. 

I will look for a solution for the tail gate, I'm sure one day it will arrive. just patient I guess.

thanks again! 

• Thanks 1

I just don't see how a trail boss cost 60K?  I've used the "build-and-price" tool on Chevy site and I'm finding it hard to get a 60K sticker price with just about every option on an LT Trail Boss.  Leather, bucket seats, performance package......etc.

It looks like a decked out Trail Boss would be in the 48k range at most prior to taxes and such????

Am I wrong?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bullet225ho said:

I just don't see how a trail boss cost 60K?  I've used the "build-and-price" tool on Chevy site and I'm finding it hard to get a 60K sticker price with just about every option on an LT Trail Boss.  Leather, bucket seats, performance package......etc.

It looks like a decked out Trail Boss would be in the 48k range at most prior to taxes and such????

Am I wrong?

yes my friend 58k without taxes.

I really really dont know where this money is in this vehicle.

its pretty much a body with leather interior...

no navi, no passenger power seat, no folding mirrors, no ventilated seats (only heat), no adaptive cruise control, no power adjusted pedals, no power adjusted steering wheel (manual), no storage under back seats (other 2019 Silverado models have it) and I can go on and on and on. even the bed I needed to spray myself, it was not included

all those options im talking about are in the high country model for the same price point minus the 4x4 option....

actually some dealers near me have the high country 4x4 for nearly same price after discount as they are not selling.

the one thing who pulled me into the trail boss is the black face it has, I can't stand the chrome bumpers on it in other models.

fyi- very very important note; mine has "lane departure alert".... it does not do NOTHING!!!

let me explain, on my suburban I have the same feature- when you leave your lane it makes a beeping noise which warns you to go back, in this Silverado you expect the same thing right? wrong! after going to dealership and complaint about it not working they told me that the feature has changed (wtf) and now only when someone behind you is rushing behind you in the lane near you the yellow marks on mirrors will go yellow. so pretty much exactly the same as blind spot monitor! no alert, no sound, nothing to do if you go outside your lane or not!!! just a joke.  if btw, if you turn it off- it goes hand in hand with the blind spot monitor. so its literally doing and using the same system. what a Hugh disappointed thing to find that even that minor option is useless.

every Toyota corona today comes with brake assist and lane departure assist (the car brakes for you and steering wheel correct itself if diverted from lane) 

2019 chevy at 58k dont even makes a beeping sound!!! even when I have this specific option on board.

hope it helps.

On 9/5/2019 at 7:20 PM, BobbyAlton said:

my fiend this what I learned yesterday from the dealer when going to ask about the land deaparture alert..

very very important note; mine has "lane departure alert".... it does not do NOTHING!!!

let me explain, on my suburban I have the same feature- when you leave your lane it makes a beeping noise which warns you to go back, in this Silverado you expect the same thing right? wrong! after going to dealership and complaint about it not working they told me that the feature has changed (wtf) and now only when someone behind you is rushing behind you in the lane near you the yellow marks on mirrors will go yellow. so pretty much exactly the same as blind spot monitor! no alert, no sound, nothing to do if you go outside your lane or not!!! just a joke.  if btw, if you turn it off- it goes hand in hand with the blind spot monitor. so its literally doing and using the same system. what a Hugh disappointed thing to find that even that minor option is useless.

every Toyota corona today comes with brake assist and lane departure assist (the car brakes for you and steering wheel correct itself if diverted from lane) 

2019 chevy at 58k dont even makes a beeping sound!!! even when I have this specific option on board.

un freaking believable. but hey, im to blame to buy it.

Where do you live? Please tell me that’s 58k Canadian? Or you just paid sticker, and now feel bad about it? 58k in USD pre tax would buy an AT4 with the same lift, but also the 6.2, the fancy tailgate, and most of your other complaints addressed too...vented seats, lights in the visors and so on.

Also, I think you and that poor salesman are mixing up lane change alert with lane keep assist/ departure warning. Lane change alert is the blind spot monitor. Lane keep assist with departure warning will give small steering inputs to correct your course automatically, in addition to alerting you. It’s only in the Safety Package II, not available on the LT Trail Boss.

Carry on hating your truck now. You’re correct that you are to blame.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Where do you live? Please tell me that’s 58k Canadian? Or you just paid sticker, and now feel bad about it? 58k in USD pre tax would buy an AT4 with the same lift, but also the 6.2, the fancy tailgate, and most of your other complaints addressed too...vented seats, lights in the visors and so on.

Also, I think you and that poor salesman are mixing up lane change alert with lane keep assist/ departure warning. Lane change alert is the blind spot monitor. Lane keep assist with departure warning will give small steering inputs to correct your course automatically, in addition to alerting you. It’s only in the Safety Package II, not available on the LT Trail Boss.

Carry on hating your truck now. You’re correct that you are to blame.

big knowledgeable you are not.

save all of us your "knowledge" as you dont have a clue what you are talking about.

Im not going to even waste my time answer your post, I guess the air in Wisconsin is very thin, or else why would you be on a thread that you bring nothing to the table besides try to show how knowledgeable you are??  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wheelguy said:

I’m confused. Who is big knowledgeable & who is small knowledgeable?

hahaha heliaius!!!

damm ass typical American ignorance, thats why your gm trucks looks they look, made from two dime materials and last for two years.

thats why your "America made" products are suchhhhh quality products all over the world.

go to Europe and learn some shit before you think your pickup truck is the bomb. 

wouldn't expect from any of you to even understand how a vehicle needs to be and behave on 2019 you guys are still stuck on 1980 products and will be so for decades. 

hahaha heliaius!!!
damm ass typical American ignorance, thats why your gm trucks looks they look, made from two dime materials and last for two years.
thats why your "America made" products are suchhhhh quality products all over the world.
go to Europe and learn some shit before you think your pickup truck is the bomb. 
wouldn't expect from any of you to even understand how a vehicle needs to be and behave on 2019 you guys are still stuck on 1980 products and will be so for decades. 

You're just deflecting your anger at us because you didnt test drive or even look at the truck before you bought it. Plus, it sounds like you paid msrp for an american truck... Bless your heart.

I will take my resale value of my truck over any foreign vehicle. Nothing holds their value better in the U. S. ( All trucks).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2019 trail bosss said:

hahaha heliaius!!!

It is HILARIOUS  Thank you for showing all of us even more of your small knowledgeable. You’ve already demonstrated that you’re a wizard when it comes to big knowledgeable buying.

Can I call you Gandalf?

Here, go listen to some Metallica and get even angrier: https://youtu.be/LP2QQ9V1JqU

?

Edited by Wheelguy
  • Like 2

I'm sorry that your not happy with your truck.

I'm also sorry you paid what you paid for your truck.  But, I sell things for a living and I always ask for a customers business at the highest possible price......... as they may just say yes.   I like those customers.  They make up for the ones that beat me up and down and I sell for the lowest possible price and still make a little money.

Don't be surprised if your dealer calls you repeatedly in the next few years.   You my friend are their favorite type of customer.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 11:01 PM, bullet225ho said:

Am I wrong?

No, with the convenience packages, leather and side steps I selected, it comes out right at $58K with the destination charge.  If you add the Chevrolet Branded Braking System, it will add another $2,995 on top of that, so one could easily be in the $60K range. 

image.thumb.png.067e3132e4505024a6a7d875aca1446e.png