power liftgate for 2019 trail boss

.02 Seems to be a pattern here.....the less you pay; the less $hit on it. And they purposely leave off $hit on lower models that cannot be upgraded to a better model or cannot be added for less than it would cost if standard features on an upper scale model for a reason.

Nothing wrong with that....give the purchaser a choice what he wants and what he can afford over basic transportation. My '06 4WD Colorado WT was a "bottom feeder" model, only option was nothing. Just what I wanted to commute to work in all weather and park in a $hithole area, steel wheels, had to crank windows, press door locks, lever to move cloth bench seat, listen to basic FM and no one ever bothered it......22" wheels on my RST wouldn't have lasted a day , that is if the vehicle was even still there at quitting time.

Wow A $60K truck with a $10K discount..........I remember my father complaining about the exorbitant $2550 price tag on the new '60 Impala, and 25 cents/gallon gasoline; a time when a current $1 Hershey bar only cost a nickel! Let's see now, what is $2500 times a factor of 20????.......$50K! The nickel Hershey bar is the best indicator for long term inflation.

Most people don't really buy vehicles today anyway...... they go peanuts down at 0 - few% because it is all they can afford to drive out of the showroom, all they qualify for or all they can roll from a previous lease. Get rid of the leases and low interest loans only to qualified buyers, rebates too -  cash only.....and the cost will drop to $30K for the $60K truck.....and then people will really  have something to complain about when riding around in what they can really afford.... used 10 yo Silverados, Olds and Pontiacs or new Fiat 500s........sorry no more new Yugos.  The people who really have a right to bellyache are the ones who pay cash prices (for anything) in competition with those who buy with money they don't have and can only afford enough for a monthly payment. I'd quality for a Rolls or Bentley with $50K down, so what? Better off with six new, max. 3 y.o. Silverados than stuck with an old Rolls or Bentley after being exposed to parking lots over 18 years, or carrying rocks in the trunk.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thomcat said:

.02 Seems to be a pattern here.....the less you pay; the less $hit on it. And they purposely leave off $hit on lower models that cannot be upgraded to a better model or cannot be added for less than it would cost if standard features on an upper scale model for a reason.

Nothing wrong with that....give the purchaser a choice what he wants and what he can afford over basic transportation. My '06 4WD Colorado WT was a "bottom feeder" model, only option was nothing. Just what I wanted to commute to work in all weather and park in a $hithole area, steel wheels, had to crank windows, press door locks, lever to move cloth bench seat, listen to basic FM and no one ever bothered it......22" wheels on my RST wouldn't have lasted a day , that is if the vehicle was even still there at quitting time.

Wow A $60K truck with a $10K discount..........I remember my father complaining about the exorbitant $2550 price tag on the new '60 Impala, and 25 cents/gallon gasoline; a time when a current $1 Hershey bar only cost a nickel! Let's see now, what is $2500 times a factor of 20????.......$50K! The nickel Hershey bar is the best indicator for long term inflation.

Most people don't really buy vehicles today anyway...... they go peanuts down at 0 - few% because it is all they can afford to drive out of the showroom, all they qualify for or all they can roll from a previous lease. Get rid of the leases and low interest loans only to qualified buyers, rebates too -  cash only.....and the cost will drop to $30K for the $60K truck.....and then people will really  have something to complain about when riding around in what they can really afford.... used 10 yo Silverados, Olds and Pontiacs or new Fiat 500s........sorry no more new Yugos.  The people who really have a right to bellyache are the ones who pay cash prices (for anything) in competition with those who buy with money they don't have and can only afford enough for a monthly payment. I'd quality for a Rolls or Bentley with $50K down, so what? Better off with six new, max. 3 y.o. Silverados than stuck with an old Rolls or Bentley after being exposed to parking lots over 18 years, or carrying rocks in the trunk.

Oh, you mean those that actually answer the salesman when he asks them how much they want their monthly payment to be?

You all keep driving over price trucks for personal use. I’ll keep buying cars for half the money double the features. I use my old low mileage truck for truck things. That I bought with the money I saved not buying a new truck. My trunk doesn’t close itself but I can manage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

You all keep driving over price trucks for personal use. I’ll keep buying cars for half the money double the features. I use my old low mileage truck for truck things. That I bought with the money I saved not buying a new truck. My trunk doesn’t close itself but I can manage.

Nothing wrong with that, not at all.  On 2019's  I do love this new truck, on the exterior and physical characteristics (ground clearance, fuel mpg, off-road recreation specs) it has so much more to offer than my last 2 trucks, it was the right thing to do.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thomcat said:

I hear ya, but I feel like what you are describing in the last paragraph there is an "R" word  (hint: Recession)  We need folks out there consuming, buying the new models, keep things humming along. 

I've kinda skipped through the posts on this thread, so pardon me if this has already been mentioned. The Chevy truck ad on tv that features the power down function then they dump a load of gravel in the bed to highlight payload capacity. I noticed that they didn't feature power up after the gravel dump, but sure as shootin some numbnuts will try and power the tailgate up with gravel or other debris caught between the bed and tailgate then bitch and moan about bad design when the tailgate goes TU. I mean, really how difficult is it to open a tailgate manually? Quit suckin yor momma's tit and man up.

Nothing wrong with that, not at all.  On 2019's  I do love this new truck, on the exterior and physical characteristics (ground clearance, fuel mpg, off-road recreation specs) it has so much more to offer than my last 2 trucks, it was the right thing to do.  

I like trucks too. Drove one every day for work for 43 years. As long as I can buy a loaded mid size vehicle for much less I’m going that way.

• 2 months later...

I thought this threads were meant to help, all I see it’s criticism and talk about other trucks, simple question if you don’t know the answer it’s ok, no need to criticize, I have trail boss lt, love the truck, test drove a rebel, still like my trail boss better. If any one has a help full input on the motor to raise the gate I’d love to get the info as well, Thank you!