Wheel Well Liners

In the last few days, I have been thinking of all these things I would like to do to my truck. When I got it, the previous owner must have had it lowered. The wheel well liners all have been rubbed through in places.

I have been to several local to Knoxville junkyards and they all say they do not have late model Silverado's for parts. They must be pretty popular, I don't see any on ebay other than after market. That may be all there is out there. Anyone ever replace their wheel well liners?

I found a YouTube video that has the part number of a kit that has both rear wheel well liners. I called my dealer and $120 for both rears. I ordered them.

I added a set to an online GM parts dealer and they were $93 but they were $208 shipping for a grand total of $301!! Ha!

I'll ask my dealer when i get up there if they match GMPartsDirect or something like that when I go pick up the rear liners. I am wanting front liners, the power fold mirror switch and the leather shift handle also.

3 hours ago, dukedkt442 said:

Has it since been in-lowered?

When I bought the truck it was back at normal ride height at 42k miles. At the time I didn't notice the wheel well liners as I wasn't looking at the liners.

I called my dealer parts desk back and he took my name and number down. They have several sets coming in this week and he said he will give me a call Wednesday.

Got my new wheel well liners Tuesday from the dealer for $120 plus tax, so $132. It was after hours and parts department had closed and had printed the receipt. I asked if they could work on the price to match the online prices. He said they could work on it next time. I am good with that.

Got them installed this morning. Much better than the old ones and it gave me a chance under the liners and around the wheel well lips really good. Took about 30 minutes per side also cleaning the wheels.

The old liners.

20190914_102510.jpg

The truck has 109k miles on it now. When I pulled the liners out, I washed the painted metal under the liners and made sure I got all the dirt and debris out of the wheel lips. I am sure some of the shine must be water.

10 hours ago, alderin1987 said:

I wish my 2015 looked as clean as your 2014.  I need to move south so I can have a truck last longer than a year rust free.  Wheel liners look great

6 hours ago, bdm62987 said:

How is the frame that shiny haha my 16 is from NC and doesn't look new like that 

32 minutes ago, Jword said:

I’ve 17 1500 rcsb two wheel dr and didn’t come w rear liners are they supposed to?

They are optional. My truck came with them but as you can see in the pictures, they had holes worn in them. All four of mine do. But there is a kit you can buy from GM that has the two rear liners for $120 plus tax. I'd say if you went in and said something about price matching internet they could come off of that price.

Here is the part number I ordered from my dealer.

1 hour ago, chris.luurtsema said:

Are you missing your bump stops? Something looks missing from your pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good eye.

Like I said earlier, when I bought the truck I didn't notice that it had been lowered. I bought it from a Chevy dealer. I don't know if the original owner returned to stock height or the dealer did. A few years later when I was changing the stock shackles for drop shackles that i noticed there were no bump stops. That is when i suspected it had been lowered. It rides and drives fine still with 110k miles on it.