New truck clay bar & polish results

Just purchased my truck yesterday.  Figured I would do a clay bar and polish today since the conditions were ideal...64 degrees and cloudy.  My truck was built 7/4/19 and arrived at the dealership the 1st week in August.  Therefore, only having been at the dealership for around 5 weeks or so, I was amazed how much dirt the clay bar sucked out of the paint.  Anyone else clay bar their new truck and amazed how "dirty" they are?

detail1.jpeg

detail2.jpeg

detail3.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BringTheRain403 said:

It's a crew cab right? It probably spent half it's life in a train coming from good old Mexico.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, it's a crew cab and was built in Mexico.  Good point about it spending half it's lift on a train.  Makes sense and certainly benefited from the clay bar.

1 hour ago, greatmizzou said:

How "solid" do the panels feel?   Reminds me of my wifes CRV.  Like overly plasticy feeling sheet metal that flexes real easily.  Thats what I picture in my head. 

Panels feel fine to me.  I purchased a new '19 Ram in the spring and along with FCA buying it back due to the lemon law (tranny and electrical issues), the panels on it flexed very easy.  It appeared to me the aluminum was too thin.  I don't find that with my AT4.  So far, so good.

• Thanks 1