CV and Ball Joint angles after Upper control arms

How much lift?

Pic of truck with lift?

Ideally, CV shafts should be as close to level as possible. Yours are not ideal but not horrible either. Maybe email cognito and ask them about the angles?

Edited by 2018GMC

16 minutes ago, 2018GMC said:

How much lift?

Pic of truck with lift?

Ideally, CV shafts should be as close to level as possible. Yours or not ideal but not horrible either. Maybe email cognito and ask them about the angles?

Kryptonite stage 3 kit, leveled the front maybe 2". 

IMG_3313.jpg

• Like 1

What you're looking for is if the boot touches itself because of the angle.  That will wear the boot out and let water/debris in.

The upper control arm, correct me if I'm wrong, only changes the clearance of the UCA and bump stop...To fix your CV angles, which I think look fine, you need differential drop spacers.

Anyone have any trouble getting a front end alignment with new upper control arms?  My camber is "within Spec" but its at the far end of the range at 1.3 degrees and its pretty obvious when looking at the truck/ 

Edited by RJP44

On 9/14/2019 at 3:53 PM, gearheadesw said:

You and I are running similar set ups. My angles are just a little less, I’m running a diff drop, upper control arm angle looks fine. 

3521DDC9-17E2-4A03-AE98-18EA68E54F9C.jpeg

Gearhead, what diff drop spacers and shock spacers are you using?  What UCA's?  Are they grease-able?  Were you able to install these on your own at home or will i need to shop this out?

Thank you

I bought my diff drop and shock spacers off eBay, Cheap, but well made, STD or something, have lasted 2 years.  No corrosion, powder coating still looks fresh, can’t complain. Ready Lift UCA’s, grease-able upper ball joints, some kind of special bushings that don’t squeak, and they don’t squeak at all. Aftermarket torsion keys, because my +12 offset wheels would rub cranked in a parking lot turn.  I like to wrench on my stuff, so easily installed the UCA’s in the garage, MUST get alignment afterwards. I’m also running a BDS steering stabilizer, and Cognito steering braces. The braces sucked to install.  The UCA’s where the last piece of the puzzle, and they freed up everything, the 5160 Bilsteins offer more travel, and the Ready Lift arms droop more, so I got a great ride going on this thing. With my bumper, winch, sliders, tools, and accessories, my truck weighs in at 8,300 lbs. 

47A282B8-A4D1-4CD0-9261-B0456D7F5A30.jpeg

Edited by gearheadesw