First roadtrip MPG

foghorn23

So had to do the dad thing and go move some things for my son who is a sophomore in college.  Drive was 90% at 67 to 72 mph.  Last 15 miles or so was a 55 mph zone (when pic was taken) entering Raleigh.  I always take it easy there as lots of blue potential blue lights are always near. Tough to beat these GM V8's on mpg in the real world; she's not even broken in with less than 400 miles.

small.20190914_141747.jpg.624aadb269975e

• Like 8

That above pic was right after I filled up.

I was very happy with those results.

I think I'll stick with Exxon/Mobil 1 for gas.

I last - most recently filled up with Shell and got about 2mpg less than I did with Exxon. 

Haven't tried BP yet or any others. But, my old 07 Classic seems like Exxon the best as well.

• Like 1

I have the 6.2/10 speed at4 with the 18”  wheels. Wife and I did a trip yesterday and got it down to 9.1L/100kms which is like 25mpg going 105kmh.  Gotta say when you keep the speeds reasonable, the truck does pretty good. When i cruise at 119kmh, it sucks fuel pretty quick. 

Nice results, OP! 

Yeah, when you move above 75mph, the mpg starts to wane pretty quickly. 

I'm at a lifetime average of 16.2 after 5200 miles. I would say 75% of that is 45mph and under, around town with a lot of stop lights / stop signs. So I'm happy with that. I don't get out on the highway very often at all, and when I do, I'm usually going 75-80mph here in DFW, ha. 

On 9/15/2019 at 2:43 PM, Snakes709 said:

I have the 6.2/10 speed at4 with the 18”  wheels. Wife and I did a trip yesterday and got it down to 9.1L/100kms which is like 25mpg going 105kmh.  Gotta say when you keep the speeds reasonable, the truck does pretty good. When i cruise at 119kmh, it sucks fuel pretty quick. 

Wow.... that’s excellent !  I have a 2018 Sierra Denali 6.2 Ultimate w/8 speed.  Best I’ve done is 9.6L/100 but it was a short trip. Usually getting low 11’s on my commute to work, anywhere from 80km/h to 60km/h.  I very pleased., but also agree with you, if you really put your foot into she’ll suck it back...