Latest mod - new windshield

NeverCold

Hopefully this isn't the start of a trend.  Tiny chip at the edge that I had not even previously seen turned into a huge crack in the span of a few hours.  About an 18" crack and goes to the edge.  

I made sure to specify that I am a NEW body style in more than one place on the form, so hopefully they bring the right glass out.

2 hours ago, NeverCold said:

Hopefully this isn't the start of a trend.  Tiny chip at the edge that I had not even previously seen turned into a huge crack in the span of a few hours.  About an 18" crack and goes to the edge.  

I made sure to specify that I am a NEW body style in more than one place on the form, so hopefully they bring the right glass out.

Good that you did that. There's been a few reports here where the techs totally missed that until the glass was off. ??‍♂️

Shape of all  different '19 OEM Silverado model windshieds should be identical. The  notch on the edge May, or may not, be there for a specific reason - to prevent installation of an aftermarket untril they figure out and make modifications - probably taking it back and grinding it off, or cutting their profits and installing OEM glass.

Acoustic glass in 18+  Traverse has a different formulation for noise reduction. If same for new gen Silverados may be GM's way to assure use of OEM replacement glass with the same acoustic properties - also doesn't hurt for them to make more bucks.

17 hours ago, NeverCold said:

I booked mine using my VIN and they still got it wrong.  Twice. Waiting on glass from Chevy for try #3.

2 hours ago, Sjordan said:

I booked mine using my VIN and they still got it wrong.  Twice. Waiting on glass from Chevy for try #3.

My VIN brought up an LD, but at least the software then asked if I had an LD and I was able to say "No".  I still wasn't sure so I typed it in the comments as well.  Apparently everyone is getting cracks in their windshields so it will be a week before I can get the mobile guy to come fix it...we'll see what they bring out...