2016 GMC Sierra all terrain transmission slipping

I just stumbled upon this. I'm having the same issue with my 16 Sierra 5.3L 8spd all terrain. Dealer came back and said it's a trans temp sensor affecting the adapt shift control? Not covered under power train warranty. $1400

Complete bull.....if you aren’t having a DTC for a TFT sensor, that’s bologna.....
The new fluid released on partnership with GM and Mobil 1 has repaired many if not almost all shudder concerns I encounter in the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/18/2019 at 8:37 PM, Justin101714 said:

Complete bull.....if you aren’t having a DTC for a TFT sensor, that’s bologna.....
The new fluid released on partnership with GM and Mobil 1 has repaired many if not almost all shudder concerns I encounter in the field.

I have no engine light on but they said they pulled the code P0711. If I do a transmission flush at the dealer, do I have to ask for the new fluid or should they do it automatically? Thanks for your input!

I have no engine light on but they said they pulled the code P0711. If I do a transmission flush at the dealer, do I have to ask for the new fluid or should they do it automatically? Thanks for your input!

If you’re out of factory warranty. Request the transmission fluid exchange. Exchange 20 quarts with GM #19417577. Only this part number and nothing else. No substitutes will take place of this part number. Make sure the vehicle is run through the gears while the service is taking place. This is confirmed to repair shudder in all 8 speeds that exhibit the shudder while TCC is being engaged either on/off. Normally TCC solenoid can be commanded on and off with the scan tool, the shudder will go away or significantly lessen when either on or off. This will further confirm the fluid procedure would need to be performed. Now, there are some instances where the shudder has been going on long enough that the torque converter is damaged as will require replacement. Good luck guys!

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2019 at 8:37 PM, Justin101714 said:

What's that new transmission fluid called?

What's that new transmission fluid called?

Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF LV HP. The fluid has been updated three times, the bottles appear the same from update to update. There is a date code on the back of the bottle that has to be right in order the get the most updated fluid. But if I’m not mistaken, the Mobil 1 label is black on the most updated fluid instead of blue like it used to be.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

So the dealer split the cost with me($400 my cost). He put the new fluid in, new harness, and new temp sensor. It shifts almost worse now then before... I was rolling up to a stop light and when I went to turn my truck downshifted just as I stepped on the gas. The tires started to chirp and my truck stayed in that gear. The rpms reved really high but it wouldn't shift till I pulled over and stopped. Any ideas?

Edited by 616truckguy

• 2 weeks later...
So the dealer split the cost with me($400 my cost). He put the new fluid in, new harness, and new temp sensor. It shifts almost worse now then before... I was rolling up to a stop light and when I went to turn my truck downshifted just as I stepped on the gas. The tires started to chirp and my truck stayed in that gear. The rpms reved really high but it wouldn't shift till I pulled over and stopped. Any ideas?

Okay, I’m assuming you had a retarded tech that didnt reset shift adapts after an internal repair. That’s basic trans stuff. Go have them reset and have the adaptive pressure learned. Should take about 15-20 mins. Go drive it, but give it at least 200 miles for the shifts to fully learn and go back to normal. You will have random shifts and flares here as there during that 200 mile evaluation period.