14 Denali to 19 SLT initial thoughts!

brendon444

1000 Km's now on the 2019. 

2014 interior is a lot nicer. Do the 2019 cup holders not pull out? Why is the front console ahead of cup holders so shallow? Knobs look extremely cheap. Dash gauges are horrible. Look like they are from 1996. 

I like the informant system and exterior better. 6.2 10 speed is what put me in this truck. Overall gm missed the mark with the 2019 interior. Missing many basic options for a 71,000 dollar truck. Should come standard at this price.

-Back child locks are manual.

-analog gauges 

-adaptive cruise 

- console sucks.

They removed the handle above the door. 

Was impressed with the 2014 when bought new, but not so much with this 2019.

Warranty, cut from 160,000 power train to 100,000 in Canada. No free onstar app for 5 years anymore. 

But prices keep going up.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 1:37 PM, brendon444 said:

No free onstar app for 5 years anymore. 

Wait till you go for your first and only free oil change, then you'll get really mad! Haha.

I love my 2019 AT4 over my 2015  SLT, but I sure do miss that handle on the drivers side! LOL

8 minutes ago, mattsvtcobra said:

Wait till you go for your first and only free oil change, then you'll get really mad! Haha.

I love my 2019 AT4 over my 2015  SLT, but I sure do miss that handle on the drivers side! LOL

I was told 2 years, 48,0000 km , 4 oil changes. Whatever comes first.

I do love the 19 look, added 2019 denali 22" wheels. 

Love the 6.2 10 speed. 

Just a a few little things seems they could do better.

9 minutes ago, brendon444 said:

I was told 2 years, 48,0000 km , 4 oil changes. Whatever comes first.

I do love the 19 look, added 2019 denali 22" wheels. 

Love the 6.2 10 speed. 

Just a a few little things seems they could do better.

Assuming you are in Canada, maybe it's different there? But Here in the US, you get one service.I've already been paying for oil changes.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26077592/gm-free-maintenance-reduced/

On 9/28/2019 at 1:37 PM, brendon444 said:

1000 Km's now on the 2019. 

2014 interior is a lot nicer. Do the 2019 cup holders not pull out? Why is the front console ahead of cup holders so shallow? Knobs look extremely cheap. Dash gauges are horrible. Look like they are from 1996. 

I like the informant system and exterior better. 6.2 10 speed is what put me in this truck. Overall gm missed the mark with the 2019 interior. Missing many basic options for a 71,000 dollar truck. Should come standard at this price.

-Back child locks are manual.

-analog gauges 

-adaptive cruise 

- console sucks.

They removed the handle above the door. 

Was impressed with the 2014 when bought new, but not so much with this 2019.

Warranty, cut from 160,000 power train to 100,000 in Canada. No free onstar app for 5 years anymore. 

But prices keep going up.

The cup holders do pull out for cleaning.  Not sure what an informant system is.  Maybe it will work with the police to solve crime.  Why would anyone want adaptive cruise ever.  I want to pass the slow people, not get stuck behind them.  

7 minutes ago, oldmann said:

Why would anyone want adaptive cruise ever.  I want to pass the slow people, not get stuck behind them.  

This.....unless your constantly looking at your speedo it’s too easy to get behind  someone doing under the speed limit and not notice it. My wife’s QX80 has adaptive cruise and after trying it a couple of times I never use it anymore. It has three distance sensors and even at the shortest range, it slows you down so far back of the vehicle in front of you it is just hard to sense unless people are going around you at a fast pace. To me it’s a worthless option.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mattsvtcobra said:

The 2019 I test drove had a handle on the driver's side and the 2018 did not...

1 hour ago, oldmann said:

The cup holders do pull out for cleaning.  Not sure what an informant system is.  Maybe it will work with the police to solve crime.  Why would anyone want adaptive cruise ever.  I want to pass the slow people, not get stuck behind them.  

It's an exclusive  option only offered to some. Links to rcmp systems to send updates in real time. 

Cupholders do not pull out to reveal more storage space below. Seems like lots of wasted space below. 

Have adaptive cruise in my 2016 Yukon Denali and love it. Works amazing on extremely busy highways.