• 3 weeks later...

Any updates on this?  I bought a 2019 Silverado back in March, 2020.  Only have 5K miles on it and the other day I got "Service Steering Column Lock" in the message center.  While I'm not noticing anything wrong with the steering itself, at the same time this message comes on, the Driver's side front and rear windows will not go up or down.  Passenger side windows work fine.  Also, after I shut the truck off and open the door, the radio doesn't turn off.  Even if I lock the doors and walk away, it's still going.

This whole situations seems to come and go.  It went away for a day or two, then came back.  I called and made an appointment for Monday and of course, the error is gone now and the windows and radio work fine.  Hoping the issue comes back when it's time to drop my truck off.  Regardless I'd assume there will be some DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) set in the Truck's memory.

Wondering if anyone else had this issue and what the dealership had to do to fix it.

Thanks!

BigTom45

• 5 weeks later...

I have 2020 HD Silverado it has about 7,900 miles on it i just started to hear a small nocking noise when i turn my steering back and forth to the left and right it feels like either play or something loose on the steering going to call dealer on Monday  

• 2 months later...

What did the dealer say about the knocking.  My 2020 Sierra AT4 HD Diesel has started making the noise at 7,500 miles.  I have to go back to the dealer for the 5th time soon to get the brake pads replaced since they squeal really bad.  So many problems with this new truck. 

On 8/31/2020 at 1:32 PM, RossEGCA said:

What did the dealer say about the knocking.  My 2020 Sierra AT4 HD Diesel has started making the noise at 7,500 miles.  I have to go back to the dealer for the 5th time soon to get the brake pads replaced since they squeal really bad.  So many problems with this new truck. 

We need to create a new thread on the squealing brakes, mine does it as well and I reported it a few days after I bought the truck last September and the dealers said oh its nothing they all do that. Bull. My Toyota sure doesn’t and neither should this truck that cost double what I paid for a Tundra. 

I had two Tundras before this GMC with no problems, but since Toyota doesn't make anything as powerful I had to switch.  After trying to fix the brakes 3 times myself I found a service bulletin on one of the threads.  I think it was 20NA020.  Local GMC dealer replaced the pads with ones with a different compound.  Had mine done last week at no charge and so far they don't squeal.  The other GMC dealer I bought it from said normal noise and wasn't aware of the bulletin.  It came out in February 2020 and has been updated several times.  Print it and bring it with you.  The pads were actually back ordered due to demand so I had to wait a couple of weeks.  

On 9/8/2020 at 8:36 AM, RossEGCA said:

I had two Tundras before this GMC with no problems, but since Toyota doesn't make anything as powerful I had to switch.  After trying to fix the brakes 3 times myself I found a service bulletin on one of the threads.  I think it was 20NA020.  Local GMC dealer replaced the pads with ones with a different compound.  Had mine done last week at no charge and so far they don't squeal.  The other GMC dealer I bought it from said normal noise and wasn't aware of the bulletin.  It came out in February 2020 and has been updated several times.  Print it and bring it with you.  The pads were actually back ordered due to demand so I had to wait a couple of weeks.  

I’ll look around here for it but that service bulletin was for Clunking Noise from Rear of Vehicle (Re-torque Leaf Spring Bolts)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I purchased a 2022 Silverado 2500 two weeks ago and experienced the first “Service Steering Column Lock” notice at about 170 miles. I took the truck into the dealership and they pulled the column apart. Two days later I had a new Steering lock installed. Today it failed again at 460 miles. Needless to say the truck is going back in for repair. I will wait until it occurs a third time which I am sure it will and start the Lemon law process. This is my first and last Chevy truck. I am beyond disappointed. 

Hope all of y'all with this problem have better luck than I have had. Its a shame to have a nearly 60k truck that doesn’t make it to 500 miles before having issues.