Anyone have any issues with Steering Column noise- “Service Steering Column Lock”. 

Traction Control seems to be acting up with left turns, could be related, not sure

14 hours ago, Tville said:

Anyone have any issues with Steering Column noise- “Service Steering Column Lock”. 

Traction Control seems to be acting up with left turns, could be related, not sure

I've had my service steering column lock come on twice but barely long enough to read the message.  I'm not sure what it means but I'm keeping an eye out for any issues with it.  Haven't noticed any of the other issues you mentioned.

Thanks, I’m taking it to the dealer this week to have them check out- definitely hearing some noises from the steering column, but no rhyme or reason. Will update after the dealer looks at. 

Has the service department responded to the noise? Mine sounds power steering related. I took it to back to the dealer the second day I had it and the service department said it was ABS related and was normal but mentioned they would watch out for other similar complaints.  2020 Denali 2500 w/L8T. 
Thanks for any input. 

Hi Everyone, I was able to take it in to the dealer- they did the recall (Reprogram) for the engine light/nox sensor (emissions issue). They found three codes stored for the steering and chassis modules along with trailerbrake control module. They cleared them for the time being. I will update with the code numbers tomorrow. 

Steering module lost connectivity was one of them- steering column still making noise. Advised to bring it.back when the service steering column lock message re appears. 

I just got mine back this morning.  I had service steering lock message and side detection unavailable.  They say it’s a video module and it has to be ordered.  Don’t know why those 2 are connected but they say that’s it.  Will update after parts come in.  Also did the emissions update to get rid of cel periodically coming on.  

Awesome, will look out for your update. As for the CEL, I’ve put minimal miles since the reprogram, but it definitely appears to be doing regens and acting normal now. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2020 at 4:03 PM, TheWeimar said:

2020 2500hd High Country...steering sounds like it is low on fluid. Dealership looked at it...still makes the ol fashioned low on fluid noise but steers fine. Sound familiar to anyone?

I have a 2020 GMC 2500HD AT4, and am having all kinds of the same issues my steering is really noisy and lots if rattles and vibrations dealership says its normal, but I disagree. Steering column pop up is also coming on, anyone have any new news on this or fixes? the put a new power steering pump on but still didn't help and a new steering shaft below the steering wheel which was already worn out after 10k they said.

Sounds like bad news for these new trucks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Second post...been to the dealer twice now

Chevrolet says that the DIGITAL VARIABLE ASSIST steering system may have noise associated with it. Sounds like old fashioned flow restriction or low on fluid to me. And it’s louder than the exhaust. My buds Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn makes no noises and he has much nicer interior. I’m a GM guy but....why Chevy, why?

BEDC73FA-24A4-471C-81F4-7BA73650E1E5.jpeg

Mine makes like a rushing water sound or hissing noise when stopped and as soon as i drive it goes away.  Doesnt affect the steering and haven't gotten and codes or anything like that.  Will have to have the dealership look at it when I get a chance

On 5/1/2020 at 3:38 PM, 2020HD said:

Mine makes like a rushing water sound or hissing noise when stopped and as soon as i drive it goes away.  Doesnt affect the steering and haven't gotten and codes or anything like that.  Will have to have the dealership look at it when I get a chance

That is a good description of the noise and issue. My 2020 Denali 2500 6.6L makes the same noise. I assume other posts have a Duramax , so it’s not an engine issue. I found a technical bulletin regarding power steering noise on earlier models but it is related to extreme cold weather (-31 deg F), so maybe it is fluid related. I wish the dealer would just try the fix to see if it works in warmer conditions. The noise is very annoying. 
I will attach the tech bulletin. Please update what your dealer says.

mc-10163270-9999.pdf