TURBO 2.7 UPGRADE

On 3/20/2020 at 4:07 PM, Timebombt said:

Originally it was supposed to be a fuel economy truck since I’m moving from Florida to California but since I don’t own any motorcycles or race cars right now the Tuner bug bit me. Again. So that is my real reason. Now I know you probably want to stir the pot so I’ll act like I meant to buy it like I had these plans in mind. So let’s start this carnival ride up. 
Reason

1. Diesel and 6.2 way more expensive. If I was trying to get the new body style I can’t afford a $75,000 Trucks and still tune it. 

2. Why not help out the R&D in smaller engines Ford has an Ecoboost in the Raptor and the Ford GT. They seem to be pretty dang fast

3. Can’t get a 1500 with a spinny boy. Unless you get the 5.3 and add twins. That’d be cool, but that’s a ****** ton of money in parts and tuning. 

4. The conversational aspect of “yeah it’s a 4cyl turbo” Gets a lot more attention then the old played out V-8.

5. Plus I like hearing that little turbo spool. It makes me smile. 
But seriously there wasn’t any parts available for this truck when I got it and didn’t plan on doing anything to it. Now that I am I’m just trying to spread my experience and knowledge so that of people want to upgrade they can get some answers from and idiot like me that just happens to like turning wrench’s. 

This was a great reply!

I just got a 21 Custom 1500 4cyl all black "Rally Edition"

It's the exact truck I wanted and I waited about 3 months for the dealer to find me one.

I don't really do truck stuff, I don't haul anything, I don't off road, I live in Queens and drive upstate often (about 350 miles) so this truck is perfect for me!!

I enjoy making minor modification so the Momentum GT Cold Air Intake System w/Pro 5R Filter looks like an interesting little upgrade. 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 10:46 PM, kmoon81 said:

This was a great reply!

I just got a 21 Custom 1500 4cyl all black "Rally Edition"

It's the exact truck I wanted and I waited about 3 months for the dealer to find me one.

I don't really do truck stuff, I don't haul anything, I don't off road, I live in Queens and drive upstate often (about 350 miles) so this truck is perfect for me!!

I enjoy making minor modification so the Momentum GT Cold Air Intake System w/Pro 5R Filter looks like an interesting little upgrade. 

Did you ever get the intake?  I have it installed. It’s a pretty decent upgrade. The engine sounds better, pulls harder and all around feels smoother. 

• 10 months later...
11 minutes ago, BMS27 said:

Anyone else installed the AFE CAI and then have check engine lights pop for emissions? 

Yes. It caused me all kinds of trouble. I needed a new MAF too. The K&N CAI has been flawless and makes the engine sound better than the AFE. 

• 1 year later...
On 3/15/2020 at 1:49 PM, Timebombt said:

Good news!!!  AFE intake came in. Installed and test drove it. Turbo sounds like it spools up sooner and feels more responsive but I’ll have to get back after a little more time with it. 

A0DB9F45-4777-4555-AA53-FC80BB3C9554.jpeg

B0BE1E2E-1777-4640-A5C5-CA4F5181DAA6.jpeg

Do you need a tune for this intake?

4 hours ago, Stefen said:

Do you need a tune for this intake?

No,

And personally i did the dry filter to avoid any MAF issues from over oiling or residue. No isses with it. Just disconnect battery and reset/turn off air filter life.

S&B just released theirs as well.

Edited by Vincej138