TURBO 2.7 UPGRADE

On 8/7/2020 at 11:10 PM, murph4464 said:

Assuming she whistles like crazy taking off? Sounds sick man. How much in cab drone driving down the road? I have the afe exhaust on mine and has no turbo noise whatsoever which sucks

Thanks man. Have you deleted the resonator at all? Idk what the afe exhaust consists of. After I did the muffler swap with the Borla Atak exhaust I couldn’t hear the turbo. I deleted the resonator and bam, she whistles Dixie now. Everyone tells me the turbo is really loud on it, I hear it out the window quite a bit but it’s not the same as hearing it go by. No there’s little to no drone, can still have a conversation with a passenger easily and not have to raise your voice. It’s really only loud when you get on it. Just normal driving all you hear is the turbo spool up and down mainly. Just got my 35’s on her yesterday too and it looks so good I couldn’t be happier!

472F4D5C-91C3-437F-ACF3-857DE78E362A.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2020 at 6:31 PM, Burcham7 said:

Thanks man. Have you deleted the resonator at all? Idk what the afe exhaust consists of. After I did the muffler swap with the Borla Atak exhaust I couldn’t hear the turbo. I deleted the resonator and bam, she whistles Dixie now. Everyone tells me the turbo is really loud on it, I hear it out the window quite a bit but it’s not the same as hearing it go by. No there’s little to no drone, can still have a conversation with a passenger easily and not have to raise your voice. It’s really only loud when you get on it. Just normal driving all you hear is the turbo spool up and down mainly. Just got my 35’s on her yesterday too and it looks so good I couldn’t be happier!

472F4D5C-91C3-437F-ACF3-857DE78E362A.jpeg

The truck looks and sounds good! Do you have any videos of how it sounds when you rev it? Im between the Flow Super 10 and the Atak...

2 hours ago, Mike Borowski said:

No one has tried the AFE tuner yet?

I have the AFI  tuner and intake on order.. The intake is on back order so I wont see that for a week or so. I ordered the Atak and should have that wed so Ill have some info shortly from my truck.

14 hours ago, Ryan Lung said:

I have the AFI  tuner and intake on order.. The intake is on back order so I wont see that for a week or so. I ordered the Atak and should have that wed so Ill have some info shortly from my truck.

Please post vids after install. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 2:30 PM, Ryan Lung said:

The truck looks and sounds good! Do you have any videos of how it sounds when you rev it? Im between the Flow Super 10 and the Atak...

Sorry man I haven’t been on here in a while, no I don’t have any revving vids. I can guarantee you won’t go wrong with the Atak that’s all I know. I love it. Just make sure whatever you go with that you delete the resonator too so you can hear the turbo whistle good.

On 8/22/2020 at 1:44 AM, 808 HI said:

How annoying is the AFM shutting down 2 cylinders after installing an exhaust on these and how do you deal with it ?

I don’t even notice the AFM on it at all. Like not one bit. I can never tell when it kicks in and it doesn’t make the truck sound different that I’ve noticed at any time

• 3 months later...

Should be getting the turbo adapter plate for the diverter valve tomorrow. Once installed should be able to hear the BOV since it’ll be dumping to atmosphere rather then recirculating. Also just got the mud guard deletes in and installed. Clears the 35’s at full lock now and looks a lot better. 

933D073A-AFE1-4BEB-A9B8-E85BAD5A2B58.jpeg

On 9/21/2020 at 11:33 AM, Burcham7 said:

I don’t even notice the AFM on it at all. Like not one bit. I can never tell when it kicks in and it doesn’t make the truck sound different that I’ve noticed at any time

Can u post sound clips of the exhaust along with the part number. Im considering this too, if you say that AFM is not noticeable. When mine comes on it sound like a v twin missing. 

• 3 months later...

Has anyone thought about adding an exhaust cutout after the down pipe. used with a switch of course so you could be smooth or braaaap.  I read they add so much flow most turbo motors couldnt handle it but if ours is 1.5 bar already... thats what they were achieving when their motors after the install and then went boink.  Not sure if you can just add more fuel like diesel engines. Its a fun truck for sure and the whistle makes me smile on the way to work.

On 1/23/2020 at 6:47 PM, Timebombt said:

I’ve also reached out to turbo smart about a BOV. They’ve said if anyone is in the San Diego they need a vehicle to develop one. I move out there this summer but if anyone is out that way hit them up. 

I'm just now seeing this thread for the first time.  I moved to San Diego back in September.  Although I don't have a 2.7, if love to see what comes out of this.