No Video on Trailer Camera

I have a 2019 Sierra 1500 SLT with the trailering package. I purchased the trailer Camera from GM. The instructions seem to be plug and play, which is different from the 2020. 

Problem is, with the camera plugged And the trailer plugged in, I get no video, just black screen in the trailer view. I also noticed when I switch to the view, the camera selection menu glitches out and movies up a half an inch on the screen. I attached a picture below. I Tested the camera on a 2020 and it connects, picture below of that as well.So I know the camera works. 

the dealer tried to figure it out. No error codes and voltage is testing at the coax cable. no recalls or any software updates available. 

has anyone else experienced this issue? Or purchased the camera and had it work? 

0C6CA1B0-7E28-432F-97BD-501F3D0F6EF9.jpeg

92D9AEBD-A7C9-4D9D-81C9-77F80D3232D0.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

You usually have to have a trailer seven way attached to truck for the camera to work.  In addition, the trailer cameras do not like a "hot" plug in.  This means the truck needs to be off and gone to sleep before plugging in.  2020 has two different trailer camera systems: 270 deg (UVI) and 360 deg (UVS).  You may not get the same results between 2019 and 2020.

• 1 year later...
On 10/18/2019 at 7:40 PM, Boda1985 said:

I have a 2019 Sierra 1500 SLT with the trailering package. I purchased the trailer Camera from GM. The instructions seem to be plug and play, which is different from the 2020. 

Problem is, with the camera plugged And the trailer plugged in, I get no video, just black screen in the trailer view. I also noticed when I switch to the view, the camera selection menu glitches out and movies up a half an inch on the screen. I attached a picture below. I Tested the camera on a 2020 and it connects, picture below of that as well.So I know the camera works. 

the dealer tried to figure it out. No error codes and voltage is testing at the coax cable. no recalls or any software updates available. 

has anyone else experienced this issue? Or purchased the camera and had it work? 

Did you find a solution? I put rear cam on trailer today and have same blank screen on 2020 Silverado 1500. I'm plugging in when truck is off. Found if I shut truck off, open & close driver's door, wait a few minutes, that display will work when I  start truck again. However, this is not very practical. Also have the trailer TPMS installed.

• 2 months later...
On 11/5/2019 at 3:07 PM, Boda1985 said:

Has no one else seen this issue? I am really surprised that no one on this forum has purchased the trailer camera.

Yes I have no video  also with my 2019 Sierra 

• 2 months later...
On 10/18/2019 at 7:40 PM, Boda1985 said:

i have a similar issue. 2021 chevy 3/4 duromax.  when i plug the trialer camera in it woeks fine.  after about 3 to 5 minutes of driving the view goes black in the cab and message apperas that says, "no accessary connceted".  the next time you hook up thhe same thing happens again.

have a similar issue. 2021 chevy 3/4 duromax.  when i plug the trialer camera in it woeks fine.  after about 3 to 5 minutes of driving the view goes black in the cab and message apperas that says, "no accessary connceted".  the next time you hook up thhe same thing happens again.

• 4 months later...

I've been searching for similar issues.  Have a 2021 2500HD High Country and a 2020 Montana 5th wheel.  My issue is very similar.  Camera works fine for 3-4 hours then video screen goes haywire.  Doesn't go black immediately but eventually does.  After sitting for some time will restart just fine again for 3-4 hours.  Have had it to the dealer three times.  1st time did some type of reprogramming - no change.  2nd time replace video processing module - no change.  3rd time tried to recreate and couldn't.  Now want my trailer to be brought in with my truck.