Haynes Manual for 2017

The current Haynes manual is for  2014 - 2016 only.  Anyone know when we could expect an updated version for 2017 - 2018 or would the 14-16 still apply since mechanically there are very few if any differences?

57 minutes ago, reardiff said:

The current Haynes manual is for  2014 - 2016 only.  Anyone know when we could expect an updated version for 2017 - 2018 or would the 14-16 still apply since mechanically there are very few if any differences?

Pretty much only difference between those years and yours is new headlights and grille. Everything behind the grille should be effectively the same.

Your right, like news papers and magazines, physical manuals are definitely heading to being obsolete soon I'd think.  I always like having something in physical form I can take with me to the garage, friends house, etc.. and reference while I'm doing the work but I feel like I'm definitely the minority these days.  In the meant time, I sent them an e-mail asking and will see what they say. 

I used to buy the Haynes manuals for my vehicles, did notice that a good portion of every one of them is just generic, repeated info shared by all of them, and now that I got the full-service manual for my '04 Sierra, it's unlikely I'll ever buy another Haynes again.

If you want to fix anything non-trivial in these trucks, the FSM will be much more useful, from wiring diagrams, connector pinouts, diagnostic procedures, torque values for everything.

Haynes manuals are all around 200 pages or so.

Full-service manual for my truck is over 5000 pages (5 volumes of about 1000 pages each).

The only things I've found it didn't have was how to rebuild the transmission (4l80e) or transfer case (NP261HD).

If you are going to keep your truck for more than a couple years, and wrench on it yourself, get the FSM, either online subscription or the paper version.

They responded quickly to my e-mail and stated that an updated manual for 2017/2018 should be available around end of January 2020.  I'm not sure I need the FSM and that much detail, this has served me well in the past basically used for torque specs, and more simple DIY stuff.  For $20 it seems like a good investment if your not needing the full service manual.

They responded quickly to my e-mail and stated that an updated manual for 2017/2018 should be available around end of January 2020.  I'm not sure I need the FSM and that much detail, this has served me well in the past basically used for torque specs, and more simple DIY stuff.  For $20 it seems like a good investment if your not needing the full service manual.

I used chris fix from YouTube discount code and got mine for 50% off. Look into that when ordering fellas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk