Please Help: V805.1 Navigation SD Card Error

dbs600

Hi everyone,

Long time; hope all is well.

2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 here.

Truck was calling for a software update, so I updated to V805.1.

Unfortunately, I’m now receiving a SD Card Error each time I try to use the navigation system.

Pretty frustrating. Can someone please help.

Thank you very much.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Its a 2019 model year vehicle, it must still be under warranty.  Take it back to dealer and let then handle it.  Do that before trying any "fixes" you get from an anonymous internet poster.  Todays electronics are too complex to fiddle with.  

My 2020 Denali pulled the same trick while driving down the road, when I stopped the engine and started it again the problem no longer existed.  I had GM run a diagnostic and it came back all ok.    Take your truck to a dealer and have them run a diagnostic of the infotainment center.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bother, but the problem persists.

I’ve tried removing the card, cleaning its contacts, etc.

In the rare instance it works, but only intermittently, as upon a subsequent start up it won’t.

Why did an over the air update have to ruin our systems!? What gives!?

Anyone able to fix / resolve?

Really don’t want to take the truck to the dealer, be without alternate transport, and have the dealer likely either scratch, dent or otherwise damage or steal something out of or off the truck.

Such an upsetting failure on GM’s part to push defective software out.

Was. Not. A. Problem. Before. The. Update. Really, really, really pissed now.

Please advise, and if anyone has any contacts at GM I can discuss this with for proper, prompt resolution.

I Imagine they need to push another update out to get it working again.

Do they even know this is a problem?

I’ve tried removing the card, cleaning its contacts, etc., but to no avail.

In the rare instance that it works, it only does so intermittently, as it won't upon a subsequent start up.

Why did an over the air update have to ruin our systems? Anyone able to fix / resolve?

Don’t want to take the truck to the dealer, be without alternate transportation and have the dealer either scratch, dent or otherwise damage or steal something.

Upsetting failure on GM’s part to push out defective software. Really upsetting.

Please advise if anyone has any GM contacts I can discuss this with for proper, prompt resolution.

I Imagine another update needs to be pushed out to the truck get it working again.

Edited by dbs600

5 minutes ago, dbs600 said:

I’ve tried removing the card, cleaning its contacts, etc.

In the rare instance it works, but only intermittently, as upon a subsequent start up it won’t.

Why did an over the air update have to ruin our systems!? What gives!?

Anyone able to fix / resolve?

Really don’t want to take the truck to the dealer, be without alternate transport, and have the dealer likely either scratch, dent or otherwise damage or steal something out of or off the truck.

Such an upsetting failure on GM’s part to push defective software out.

Was. Not. A. Problem. Before. The. Update. Really, really, really pissed now.

Please advise, and if anyone has any contacts at GM I can discuss this with for proper, prompt resolution.

I Imagine they need to push another update out to get it working again.

Do they even know this is a problem?

They probably do know it’s a problem. My case was at a senior adviser for weeks and she wouldn’t call me back. Someone told me to file with BBB and I did it closed the senior advisor case. Then it’s now at the hands of a business legal advisor. I have talked to multiple advisors and supervisors. Chevy is no help spend over an 1 and 10 mins on hold with them one time trying to get a different senior advisor. And now waiting for a field tech to come out. But the business advisor will rarely call me back even after leaving messages. All he will respond is I got your message. Okay you gonna call me.... I spoke to his boss who was even less helpful. It’s Chevy doesn’t care about their customers. They have replaced the SD card, reader and radio and it still occurs. Also traded in the phone cause dealership wanted to blame it on my phone. I got a new phone and it still occurs and my Bluetooth randomly will go out when the SD card goes out. Tomorrow it’s going to another dealer to see if they have any other ideas on what can be done. My advice is everyone call and complain maybe then they will report it to software team I have asked for that to be done also but they won’t listen. 

• 4 weeks later...

Corporate had me bring the truck in to a dealer for a software update; Version 807, which they state will be released as an over the air update in January.

They stated they were absolutely confident that this would solve the problem, as the software was created to solve this particular problem.

Well… guess what… the problem remains!

Beyond upsetting that after all this time, and the assurances provided, that there’s no resolution in sight!

Anyone else have any news to report?

Anyone find resolution? If so, how?

What has corporate / your dealers been telling you?

• 4 weeks later...

Since my error message two months ago I have not had a reoccurrence of the problem.   Probably not what you want to hear but my system works as intended, in fact yesterday it updated itself with additional information..   Mine is a 2020.

My 2019 Sierra SLT, 5 months old, throws "SD CARD ERROR" on my dash first, it also tells me to "launch Nav on radio for more details"

Then my radio screen throws this "Nav SD Cad Message - Once initialized, this Nav SD card can only be used for navigation in this vehicle."

Checking a bit further, I find another note on the first of the radio's three home screens that says "SD card is not functioning properly."

So this all started happening out of the blue, no service, no software update preceded this error.

And to my knowledge, no one removed my SD card and replaced it with a different SD card.

First thing I'm going to ask dealer to do is replace the existing SD card with a new one and initialize it for my truck.

I too have removed, checked, cleaned, reinserted my SD card with no improvement.

Every time I start the truck up I get this set of errors.

Today, 1/29/20 I did receive a notice to upgrade my vehicle's software which I did.  Now running v807 software updated from v805.1.  No improvement, SD card error messages persist.

Anyone have this problem and had the dealer resolve?  If so what fixed it?

Edited by OILERS55

Resolved.  Simply changed the Nav SD card switch from the down toward the contacts position to the up toward the driver position and my errors have not returned.  

1. found my Nav SD card

2. removed Nav SD card - found the slide switch on the side of the SD card in the down position

3. put switch in the up position and reinserted

4. all while ignition was off

5. no more of the errors I was showing, see previous post, are reoccuring

6. my issue is resolved!