Very odd Carplay issue - anybody else?

2019 Cherolet Silverado, XS Max, 13.2. I plug in phone and Carplay starts up no problem. Now here's the weird issue.

If I navigate to the Music app, if I'm at a dead stop, I can browse all my playlists, artists, songs, then, AS SOON as I hit the gas and start moving, it kicks me back to the main Music page, and when I select artists, playlists, etc...all of them are greyed out and can't be selected. if I leave it on a screen I'm trying to browse, as soon as I get to a stop sign or stoplight and I've stopped moving, all the media is available, not greyed out and I can select it.

I don't remember this happened prior to the last update I did on my phone.  Surely this isn't like a safe driving feature from GM?  Has anybody else experienced this issue?

3 hours ago, davester said:

Sounds like it is a safe driving feature.  But I don't know for sure, as I have a Pioneer AVH-4000NEX deck with carplay, which just has wires for the parking brake and reverse (for enabling playing videos and the backup camera).

Yeah that's what I'm trying to troubleshoot.  I did some more driving/testing today and I had the same issue with another app in Carplay but the native/OEM media app did not go grey or switch to home.  But as i was looking at all settings, I noticed a few from the main settings page, would go grey when I would go from a stop to drive.  But I still don't ever remember this happening prior to a few days ago which is where I'm still confused if it's an iphone hardware issue, iphone software issues or Chevrolet software issue.

My Android auto does the same thing. You have to use your voice assistant to browse on the head unit while driving.

Google works great, I just tell it what I want and it's nails it every time.

In a pinch I'll grab the phone and switch it manually to get not Android auto apps to play thru the system.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Normal operation as of the last iOS 13 updates.  My 2019 old body does it as do many other GM's even some back to 2016.  Its from the phone not the radio.  If you are stopped or in park you can change playlists on the radio screen but once moving it locks most of it up for the music.  You can still control from the phone when moving if its a must.   

Edited by newdude

Thank you all for the feedback.  I do NOT remember this happening prior to iOS 13.2, but weird it would also show up in Android Auto.

NEWDUDE - the weird thing is I can still browse and select all the media on my phone on the normal audio app, driving from a stop does not cause anything to be greyed out and unselectable, it's only in Carplay.

1 hour ago, BCT77 said:

Thank you all for the feedback.  I do NOT remember this happening prior to iOS 13.2, but weird it would also show up in Android Auto.

Just don't use CarPlay for play selection - use the default GM audio app.  It might take a minute or so for it to load your full music library, but it doesn't lock you out while driving like CarPlay does.

image.png.f64450edb3f7d7aaa87332f8471b870b.png