Escalade led head light swap?

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Has anyone put the Cadillac's LED headlights into a Yukon? I've got a 2018 YukonXL Denali with HID's yet always liked the stacked LED look/output and, while expensive, thinking of offsetting some of the cost of the Caddy lights by selling the HID's...   Otherwise, I'll just upgrade the lows D3S to Morimoto XB,  high 2Stroke 3.0 LED(bought housing extension just in case back of bulb is too big for tock cap) and fogs HID XB all at 6k color temp all from TRS. Are anyone aware if a separate CANBUS capacitor/module needed for non-stock bulbs?  Also getting GTR Ultra LED back up bulbs as it's hard seeing at night even with camera.

Feel free to feedback if anyone has used these types of bulbs!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 8:24 PM, NVGMman said:

Has anyone put the Cadillac's LED headlights into a Yukon? I've got a 2018 YukonXL Denali with HID's yet always liked the stacked LED look/output and, while expensive, thinking of offsetting some of the cost of the Caddy lights by selling the HID's...   Otherwise, I'll just upgrade the lows D3S to Morimoto XB,  high 2Stroke 3.0 LED(bought housing extension just in case back of bulb is too big for tock cap) and fogs HID XB all at 6k color temp all from TRS. Are anyone aware if a separate CANBUS capacitor/module needed for non-stock bulbs?  Also getting GTR Ultra LED back up bulbs as it's hard seeing at night even with camera.

Feel free to feedback if anyone has used these types of bulbs!

The Morimoto 2 stroke 3.0 LED bulbs don't come in a D3S size that would work with a Yukon Denali low beam headlight. 

Why not just look into purchasing these GMC Yukon (15-20): XB LED Headlights | Plug-N-Play | TRS (theretrofitsource.com)

Probably better light output than OEM Escalade headlights and they're designed to fit your truck.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback!!!

Got next to an Escalade and sure enough its headlights are same shape yet bigger... damn it.  

After checking out reviews on D3S, it seems Osram Night Breaker Laser and Philips XV2 are the only bulbs that put more lux than stock.  As for highs, still thinking of Morimoto 3.0 LED.

However,  you planted the seed of just getting the Morimoto XB complete units; especially when I consider the cost for the bulbs alone.  

I've searched for any review on those awesome XB LED headlights yet can't find any beside Morimoto's promo video. I'll hold off until some real world reviews/experience come back on their actual performance. Hopefully they'll be on sale soon too; along with their LED fog assembly.

FYI, I got GTR Ultra LED in plate and reverse spots and boy what a difference in look/style as well as light output. Here's some pics for comparison:

20210125_171908.jpg

20210125_183258.jpg