Rear footwell lighting

I tapped a ground on one of the x connectors there. I should have my truck back tomm I can tell you which one. Or if you have access to the upfitter wiring I picked a ground off that. I soldered both sides left and right together then just ran a pigtail up to the plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Pin 46 is for the lighting on the main seat harness. If you look at the upfitter for the Yukon it’s pin 46. I have not had my truck in 3 weeks to confirm that pin is present in the harness truck side. I should be getting it back tomm. I will test it as soon as I can. This project got side tracked lol had a supercharger installed and they blew the motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I just finished this install today. I only did the fronts though. I'll be honest, I'm kinda disappointed in the light output. The lights are not bright at all. I didn't even know they were on until my dome lights turned off. I'm pretty sure it's the exact same light that's in the headliner where the homelink buttons are. Just that dull warm glow that will kinda illuminate your center console.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, huntr1117 said:

You can kinda see my brake pedal in the pictures.

correct, it's just to softly illuminate the area around your feet (say, in case you drop your phone or something similar)...

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 12:17 AM, huntr1117 said:

I just finished this install today. I only did the fronts though. I'll be honest, I'm kinda disappointed in the light output. The lights are not bright at all. I didn't even know they were on until my dome lights turned off. I'm pretty sure it's the exact same light that's in the headliner where the homelink buttons are. Just that dull warm glow that will kinda illuminate your center console.

I just completed doing my foot well lights, based off of all the good information from this thread. I used 194 sockets in the same locations the smaller OEM LEDs and tapped the gray wire for them to work the same as the dome lights. I used 194 LEDs that are possibly too bright. Will insert photos as soon as I get them loaded.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 12/10/2019 at 6:17 PM, CustomChevyGuy said:

I just completed doing my foot well lights, based off of all the good information from this thread. I used 194 sockets in the same locations the smaller OEM LEDs and tapped the gray wire for them to work the same as the dome lights. I used 194 LEDs that are possibly too bright. Will insert photos as soon as I get them loaded.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Which gray wire? This is exactly what I want to do to my truck. I don't like the led overhead lights at night. I like the subtle footwell lights.

Thanks

On 11/20/2019 at 2:40 PM, huntr1117 said:

My lights came in and my harnesses from pgamboa also came in. I know this yellow wire is the one I'm supposed to tap into for the lights +. Is there also a good ground that I can tap into on the same bcm plug?e9c9c84575ca8463108d4e0c5ed11683.jpg

This is the gray wire I tapped, so they operate the same as the overhead domes. If you want yours to operated as the ambient lights, then you'd want to tap the other wire which has the arrow pointed at it.

Keep in mind, I DIDN'T use the OEM led's but rather the much larger 194 bulbs. They are NOT subtle at all.