Installing aftermarket powered sub under console.

Hello guys, glad to be here and looking forward to interacting with y’all. My Sierra didn’t come with Bose audio nor the console with sub. Stereo system I have sounds pretty good, but I miss the bass from a sub. I’ve found a console I’m buying, and it has the Bose sub in it. I’m thinking I’ll remove the sub and I hope it’s enough room to install a powered compact sub. It’s the Kicker 11HS8. It’s 14” long, 9.5” wide and 2 7/8” tall. Has anyone done this before? If so, good or bad? I thought about under backseat, but I don’t lock my doors at night so the thugs won’t break window for nothing and wanted the sub out of sight. Thanks in advance for the help. 

Depends on how much power and specs of sub. I wanted 1000 watts so needed under rear seat. My bow was way to large so I could have installed 4 8" but they didn't sell them at time so 2 10". But they are very agressive subs.
I just made a fiberglass mold of floor then. Wood on other sides. I have gm all weather floor mats and this box can't move at all as it is a exact cast of the floor. Could have installed amp there but wanted it hidden.6cd92a0976c92bb654e5f2d4c5049f8e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Depends on how much power and specs of sub. I wanted 1000 watts so needed under rear seat. My bow was way to large so I could have installed 4 8" but they didn't sell them at time so 2 10". But they are very agressive subs.
I just made a fiberglass mold of floor then. Wood on other sides. I have gm all weather floor mats and this box can't move at all as it is a exact cast of the floor. Could have installed amp there but wanted it hidden.6cd92a0976c92bb654e5f2d4c5049f8e.jpg

That's some talent right there! Mine next?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is what I did. And it is super strong. 3c7d11f4f44cb15760151983836fca05.jpg9f00928385c31511f358624a6ab186a1.jpg669f3cd18ea517313a9e7f0f3457c4ad.jpg

Not many on this forum actually want bass man. Its a dieing fad that im glad to be a part of. I bet that system makes the cab do the moon walk [emoji38]. Mine will soon[emoji106]

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

This is what I did. And it is super strong. 3c7d11f4f44cb15760151983836fca05.jpg9f00928385c31511f358624a6ab186a1.jpg669f3cd18ea517313a9e7f0f3457c4ad.jpg

I gotta hand it to you man you never undershoot anything. Nice work this may be my next project once I get my truck back. Had the supercharger installed by a reputable place. They dropped a intake bolt in the head and blew the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I have not. I have 2nd battery that has it's own ground to engine block. Idea was if stock battery is dead the other battery is a jumper so starter is important.
I like the look of stock batter to alternator cable and with turbo it is rerouted high.
Have no issues. If I did anything else it would just be better ground at stock battery.

• Like 1