How to Delete Brake Vacuum Pump (Video)

15 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

So you have no valley cover breather? Do you have the lines from the valve covers to the intake tube? emoji15.png

The valve cover breathers send the vapors to the exhaust.

The Evacuation System uses the vacuum created in the exhaust tubes to suck the PCV vapors out of the crankcase, this is how it installs:

https://www.jegs.com/InstallationInstructions/500/555/555-52210.pdf

Actual Product: https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/52210/10002/-1

To do this getting rid of the vacuum pump do you also have to get rid of the oil catch can I have installed?
No you need a breather to the engine. And if in any way it goes to the intake then you want to clean it. The op has valve covers to the exhaust so there is no line to the intake at all so no can is needed. I am not so sure about blocking of the valley cover port. But to each his own. It is possible the exhaust is pulling enough the valley isn't a issue.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, brokesilverado said:

To do this getting rid of the vacuum pump do you also have to get rid of the oil catch can I have installed?

You would have to if it's a catch can routed into the little PCV line.

...Catch cans in the PCV line returning to the intake manifold DO NOT WORK. That is a subject all on its own. In a nutshell, Catch cans only catch oil when they're cold, because it acts like a distillery: Hot vapors condense inside it. Once they get to temperature, they let all vapors pass through. This is all meaningless anyway because the valve cover breathers are blowing the great majority of PCV vapors into the intake air box anyway.

I used to have a Catch Can, but it was atmospheric: I had deleted the PCV Line and routed the valve cover breathers out of the catch can. I got tired of the mess and installed the Crankcase Evacuation kit.

56 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

I am not so sure about blocking of the valley cover port. But to each his own. It is possible the exhaust is pulling enough the valley isn't a issue.

Most of the crankcase vapors flow out of the valve covers anyway, the valley cover breather only flows when there is vacuum on the manifold. apply enough throttle or Boost in the manifold and that line becomes useless, so why not go ahead and delete it whole?

Im pretty sure more than 90% of the crankcase vapors go out of the valve cover breathers anyway, and with a boosted engine the check valve inside the valley cover breather could break and go into the crankcase.

At least that is the logic behind my train of thought, applied to my specific engine, it could not apply on other engines/set ups

You are very correct. Us boosted vehicles have every line on valve covers and even the css going to breather tanks then my valley cover to can and to intake but the check valve closes under boost and the turbo pulls air on the 2nd port of can.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

i like to watch your posting for a year and see what issues crop up..

good point on the high temp vapor by-passing the catch can.. seems they need to go back and design in a condenser before the vapor can drop out into liquid from a gas.

I have installed an exhaust crank vent system (ecv) lol....on a truck once. pretty easy to install except for the welding of the bungs into the exhaust..

i wonder what grumpybear thinks of this ?hehe

Edited by flyingfool

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 8:21 AM, VdellaV said:

You could remove the belt without cutting it and buy a new OEM Pump-Booster Hard Line, then reassemble the truck before trading it or so. PPKs idea is also a good one:

I have that PCV hose blow to the exhaust with a Crankcase Evacuation System

It uses a Venturi effect on the exhaust flow to vacuums the Vapors out of the engine:

vib-1189-1.jpg

this vid is for you 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...