How to Delete Brake Vacuum Pump (Video)

On 11/9/2019 at 11:12 PM, VdellaV said:

The intake manifold vacuum is plenty enough to run the booster with no problems, I don't see the point on spending more money on an electric vacuum pump tbh.

If you are still thinking about it, I understand, it took me 3 years to finally do it.

But what I did is worth it, the Brake feel has definitely improved, and im sure you could have a custom manifold-to-booster hard line made for you if you dont feel like using flexible hose. At the end, I dont think I spent more than $50 dollars in total (delete kit, vacuum hose and rubber caps)

Can't I just run a tee from intake to brake booster and vacuum pump?

2 hours ago, Rod D said:

Can't I just run a tee from intake to brake booster and vacuum pump?

On 9/8/2022 at 3:58 PM, VdellaV said:

Did you connect the brake booster to the intake manifold with one uninterrupted line like i did in my video?

On 11/9/2019 at 10:36 PM, VdellaV said:

Important things to know Beforehand:

1.- Your Truck/SUV has to have the AFM Disabled

Since I deleted the vacuum pump for the booster, I had to use the vacuum from the intake manifold to replace it. The engine can't produce enough vacuum in V-4 mode (thats why the engines have vacuum pumps in the first place). So you will need to disable the Cylinder Deactivation (AFM) with an ECM Tuner or similar so the engine is always running in V8 mode. Some people delete the AFM mechanically.