Anybody have these factory Side Mounted Bed Storage Boxes?

I have been thinking of buying the Decked bed storage system which has some pros and cons that I'm still thinking through. But today I just learned of this factory side mounted bed storage boxes that go over the wheel well and really like them. Does anybody have them or have any input on how well they work? They are cheaper than the $1200 Decked system but still pricey at $896 at chevyparts.com.

spacer.png

I have not seen them in person, but the way they are designed, they do block the tie downs in the middle of the bed, but they do not block the front and rear ones.  Having said that, any straps would probably have to press against the outside of those boxes when securing cargo, so I wonder how strong they are and if they would flex under the pressure.  The lights are also not blocked, but the boxes would probably create a little more shadow since they do stick out.

I have only seen them on the Chevy website and they are almost 1200 bucks.  Wahoowad, where on Chevy parts were you able to find them for 900?  When I have searched by description, it does't allow me to search any models later than 2015.

I really like the idea of these as I thought the Ram boxes on the Ram's where a great idea, but I hate how the box closure breaks the lines of the bed.

If I can find them for 900 or so, I might be willing to be the first hand experience guy!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

No update, I was told they are on backorder indefinitely. Doesn’t sound good. I was planning on calling a couple other local dealers to see what they can do. Maybe one has some in stock.  I can locate the ones for the 1500 but the HD ones I’m pretty sure are different. Any input on where to look anyone?

"On backorder indefinitely" stinks.  I hope its Covid related and not simply because they cancelled orders since nobody was interested in them.  I looked at them very closely when I first purchased my truck but decided against them since I often load multiple dirt bikes in the bed and needed the extra room.  If they were cheaper I might would purchase them anyways for road trips, but I cant justify the high price for what would be limited use for me.  I am interested in what owners thoughts are that purchase them, so please speak up if you already have one or both sides.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a dealer that had them in stock and picked them up Tuesday and Got them all installed last night. They are pretty nice considering all the other options just utilize the area closest to the tailgate and your still going to be spending 800$ for decent boxes. If you look around online you can order for 900$ and they said they can get them pretty quick as well. I get the gm discount is why I decided to get from the dealer.  I was a little weary going into it that they are plastic but feel solid, look nice, bigger than I expected, and easy installation. The downfalls, you do loose all your tie down points as those are what it mounts to. I have a bed slide and am putting E track on it so I’m not concerned. Also I have a trifold hardtop bed cover. The cover and the boxes had all kinds of interferences working together but got to work after a few modifications to the cover and the boxes. I will be tooling them up this week and will share more photos as I go. I will be adding better lighting in the bed as well and possibly inside the boxes. 

112C17A5-BBDF-43ED-94D9-9197A8B7DB17.jpeg

87A803FB-7157-4FD1-8946-805A0A7A9963.jpeg

• Like 1