Tires....Oh, no not again....

Good to know about wet weather traction. We get a lot of rain here in east Tennessee during the winter. I need a little more surefooted tire..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Look at the sipes on the tire, make sure they’re not just 1/4 of the way down, see the pic with the yellow circle? Look at the sipes on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers, the sipes are only on the top surface of the tire, ridiculously shallow, not deep enough to go the distance. ba1cfb7970914e84d94a83247013efbd.plist

It’s a great tire but DOESN’T like wet Black Top which is primarily used in areas requiring fast cheap repairs like mountainous and hilly areas

Sent from Above

• Like 1

Nitto Ridge Grapplers, installed November 2018

3-5K miles on them
bd77d634d6627a91da8d9aacff019f0e.plist

16k miles on them
83f3d2a0707c65e6f65365068ec6829f.jpg

Where did all the sipes go??

Sent from Above

That's not good wear at all..I might have to search for another tire.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I picked up a set of Goodyear DuraTrac, from Sams Club ( not sure if you have any in your area) ...They had a 1 day sale in November, ( $100 off instantly plus free installation)  which they are having again next weekend. I picked up a set of LT 265/75/16 Load range "C"  ( 45lb tire) for $729 installed, plus a $50 Goodyear rebate, so out the door installed on my truck for $ 169.75 per tire after rebate...So far I love these tires, awesome in the snow so far, and a pretty quiet ride..I would look into them if you have a Sams club in your area

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I live in WA but have a 2500hd and sometimes tow heavy so have e rated tires. The mazama open range all terrain is the best all around tire I've had for my application. On all my different 3/4 ton Chevy trucks over the years I've had a lot of different brands all terrain tires( except mickey Thompson) but  this is the first 295 65 20 ( I think that's the size they're 35") even wear, wet traction and snow.I cross Stevens and Snoqualmie passes and like the ❄️ rating. They are quietest and have held up as this is my second winter. They have longest warranty.  Great all terrain wet, snow etc. Because of the tread channels that make them not pick up snow,mud,small gravel they can pick up travel of a certain size that's only negative I can say