Used Parts Buying PSA

Actually been trying to find a local LoJack dealer near by but their customer service sucks, waiting on a email back to see where one is.

Hey man a bit of advice for you purchase a LoJack. I actually talked to a couple of police that I used to do maintenance for in their apartments and they say LoJack is wack. They say that it used to be a bar system I don't know how it is now but it's not very accurate and was not worth even searching for a vehicle. I was all adamant about LoJack at one time and then I heard that. Side note I talked to some other folks and they were saying basically they don't shut down a chop shop right away they try to go after the people that are buying it from the shop shop first then hit the Chop Shop. It's effing weird how that all pans out but if you think about it it's the same thing the same way with drugs the get that uses first then get the Kingpin.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

Hey man a bit of advice for you purchase a LoJack. I actually talked to a couple of police that I used to do maintenance for in their apartments and they say LoJack is wack. They say that it used to be a bar system I don't know how it is now but it's not very accurate and was not worth even searching for a vehicle. I was all adamant about LoJack at one time and then I heard that. Side note I talked to some other folks and they were saying basically they don't shut down a chop shop right away they try to go after the people that are buying it from the shop shop first then hit the Chop Shop. It's effing weird how that all pans out but if you think about it it's the same thing the same way with drugs the get that uses first then get the Kingpin.

Still wait on a reply email from them, really wanna see what kinda shit they tell me because onstar ****in sucksssssss!

Still wait on a reply email from them, really wanna see what kinda shit they tell me because onstar ****in sucksssssss!
Yes on Star does suck as can be seen in the video there's tons of them Chevy trucks out there would OnStar Amanda got to have OnStar. Honestly there are other programs out there besides LoJack at a better cost and give you better accuracy. LoJack is not the hype it used to be and never really was to begin with. It's like paying for Kia and thinking you got a BMW LOL

• Haha 1

Biggest problem with LoJack is that you cant just call them up to activate the tracking. It only gets activated after police respond, do the report and get a report number, and then have it entered into the stolen vehicle computer database. Once it finally enter NICS, the LoJack tracking is activated. So let's say you went to bed around 10 p.m. and your truck is stolen around 11 p.m. You wake up and 6 a.m. and notice your truck has been stolen. By that time. It's probably already been stripped down. By the time police write the report and enter the vehicle into the stolen database, good chance that the LoJack may have been found and already disabled. If you happen to catch it right after vehicle has been stolen, there is a chance that the LoJack could be helpful or if it is being used for joyriding. But if it was w professional job, your truck is most likely gone...

• Like 2

Biggest problem with LoJack is that you cant just call them up to activate the tracking. It only gets activated after police respond, do the report and get a report number, and then have it entered into the stolen vehicle computer database. Once it finally enter NICS, the LoJack tracking is activated. So let's say you went to bed around 10 p.m. and your truck is stolen around 11 p.m. You wake up and 6 a.m. and notice your truck has been stolen. By that time. It's probably already been stripped down. By the time police write the report and enter the vehicle into the stolen database, good chance that the LoJack may have been found and already disabled. If you happen to catch it right after vehicle has been stolen, there is a chance that the LoJack could be helpful or if it is being used for joyriding. But if it was w professional job, your truck is most likely gone...
Well said and goes right along with what I heard.

24 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

Yes on Star does suck as can be seen in the video there's tons of them Chevy trucks out there would OnStar Amanda got to have OnStar. Honestly there are other programs out there besides LoJack at a better cost and give you better accuracy. LoJack is not the hype it used to be and never really was to begin with. It's like paying for Kia and thinking you got a BMW LOL

So any recommendations of what tracker/alarm to get? I don’t mind paying a fee sh!+ I’m still paying for onstar just so I can make sure my truck is where I left it 14$ a month isn’t much.