Nitto Ridge Grapplers, 16K miles, sipes have all but disappeared!

TXGREEK

Nitto Ridge Grapplers are WAY OVERRATED!

Anyone else experience their Ridge Grapplers wear so quick within 16K miles? I know tire wear is normal but aren’t the sipes there to help grip in wet conditions?? They’re also getting louder too.

Tires at 3-5K miles

396975a62bab2c35a17b4a451839970c.png

Same tires at 16k miles!

734f6ab7807f22c55308edf7913dd135.jpg

Notice the same sipes have drastically shortened in length, no wonder I’ve been sliding on wet, rainy days. $400 tires.

Wonder if the General X3’s really do have deeper sipes and more silica as advertised....

Sent from Above

• Like 1

I have about 15k on mine and I was thinking the same thing. They are significantly worse in the rain now. Also I think they are a lot harder and we’re causing my rear end to jump around on road bumps. The bilstein 5100 helped but I’m thinking the tires definitely made it worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nitto Ridge Grapplers are WAY OVERRATED!

Anyone else experience their Ridge Grapplers wear so quick within 16K miles? I know tire wear is normal but aren’t the sipes there to help grip in wet conditions?? They’re also getting louder too.

Tires at 3-5K miles
396975a62bab2c35a17b4a451839970c.png

Same tires at 16k miles!
734f6ab7807f22c55308edf7913dd135.jpg

Notice the same sipes have drastically shortened in length, no wonder I’ve been sliding on wet, rainy days. $400 tires.

Wonder if the General X3’s really do have deeper sipes and more silica as advertised....

Sent from Above

Im glad you posted this. I have been debating getting these. I have ruled out duratracs because they don't have full depth sipes. I didnt realize the ridge grapplers didn't have them. I guess I will get terra grappler G2. Makes my choice a bit easier!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It’s absolutely retarded, makes you wonder about each and every tire review out there. Tire reviews on Tire Rack and other retailers test “NEW” tires, not the wear and reliability as time and mileage adds on.

I’ve heard really great things about the General Grabber X3’s, they’ve got highest rated amounts of silica in their tires along with full sipes going down their lugs, just something to think about.

Sent from Above

• Like 1

Same here. I was able to squeeze 40K miles out of mine and was not impressed. I could have ran them for another 3-5k but they are terrible in the rain. Will be going with Mickey Thompson for my next set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Of course they aren't gonna hold up. Look at the tread pattern!

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

There’s plenty of lug depth but the length of the sipping exits have disappeared. I’ve been looking at the Open Country AT’s but being the Nitto and Toyo are sister companies, I’ll pass on both of them.

Sent from Above

Plenty of depth left, they’re fine on normal concrete surfaces when wet, it’s just the wet black top that’ll scare the Jeebies out of you lol! I did notice a while back while driving in a wet parking lot, my tires spun easily over wet paint strips.

89cd3710e1b998b340d3f0356da91ebf.jpg

Sent from Above

Plenty of depth left, they’re fine on normal concrete surfaces when wet, it’s just the wet black top that’ll scare the Jeebies out of you lol! I did notice a while back while driving in a wet parking lot, my tires spun easily over wet paint strips.

89cd3710e1b998b340d3f0356da91ebf.jpg

Sent from Above

Ive seen some bad reviews on the grabbers in wet conditions.ugh

Also saw some out-of-round conditions that weren't too good

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Ok, I brought up the General Grabber tires and my tire guy gasped, he said NO! Didn’t recommend anything General due to issues. Being that I couldn’t keep worrying about driving in the next rainy day, just ordered new KO2’s, going from 295/60/20’s to a 285/60/20 for a slight better ride, ha! hopefully.

Sent from Above

Bro... Your like... the guinea pig. Could you try something else other than those Ko2s?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

I’m stating away from anything and everything Nitto and Toyo. Staying away from MT Tires. What do you recommend???

Sent from Above

I’m stating away from anything and everything Nitto and Toyo. Staying away from MT Tires. What do you recommend???

Sent from Above
Atturo trail blades look cool! Not sure about performance tho..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk