Nitto Ridge Grapplers, 16K miles, sipes have all but disappeared!

TXGREEK

It’s the same thing with these Mickey Thompson’s, their sipping is only in the center of the Lug, Nitto Ridge Grapplers have them fully across the lug but wear out fast leaving lots of tire and lug but without sipping. Through many years of KO’s they’ve always seemed to have lots of sipping and do well in lots of terrain. I had vibration issues in the past with the KO2’s but willing to give them one last shot.

Sent from Above

It’s the same thing with these Mickey Thompson’s, their sipping is only in the center of the Lug, Nitto Ridge Grapplers have them fully across the lug but wear out fast leaving lots of tire and lug but without sipping. Through many years of KO’s they’ve always seemed to have lots of sipping and do well in lots of terrain. I had vibration issues in the past with the KO2’s but willing to give them one last shot.

Sent from Above
Ah ok. Fwiw i have some 17in ko2s in the garage. Man those things are horrible in the rain after the wore. Burnout kings easily on both dry and wet pavement. Im looking forward to hearing your 20k review though.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ah ok. Fwiw i have some 17in ko2s in the garage. Man those things are horrible in the rain after the wore. Burnout kings easily on both dry and wet pavement. Im looking forward to hearing your 20k review though.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Believe me when I say “I want the best option.” All the tires look great brand new but I’ve learned my lesson, not going with the wave, I’m going with common sense, Sipping wears along with the tire, the wet traction disappears along with the wear of the tire and being that Sipping is the key factor in wet traction, NO MORE big blocks on my tires with half ass sipping lines especially in center of lugs only like you’ll find in 90% of the tires out there.

So far I love my truck but I’m definitely disgusted with these Nittos or anything Nitto or Toyos, both BS marketing, they should at the least give an immediate full replacement 15k mile warranty on these tires.

I’ll post pics of the new tires as soon as I have them installed.

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

Believe me when I say “I want the best option.” All the tires look great brand new but I’ve learned my lesson, not going with the wave, I’m going with common sense, Sipping wears along with the tire, the wet traction disappears along with the wear of the tire and being that Sipping is the key factor in wet traction, NO MORE big blocks on my tires with half ass sipping lines especially in center of lugs only like you’ll find in 90% of the tires out there.

So far I love my truck but I’m definitely disgusted with these Nittos or anything Nitto or Toyos, both BS marketing, they should at the least give an immediate full replacement 15k mile warranty on these tires.

I’ll post pics of the new tires as soon as I have them installed.

Sent from Above
The terra grappler G1/G2 is the only nitto that seems to make sense with the full depth sipes. They esentially "never wear" until they are slicks. I had G1 but the rubber dry rotted so bad in such little time. The G2 isn't so bad feom what i see on a friend's truck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It almost seems that even with today’s high technology, it seems all that technology is put into the first 15k miles of the tires. Maybe they’re using old tire technology with new added onto it lol

Sent from Above

Let us know how those KO'2 work out. I'm about ready to get a set but slightly smaller 275/60/20 and there seems to be LOTS of bad reviews due to unable to balance.  I had a set (two actually) a few years back on my prior truck and had no issues, but seems to be lots of complaints about it... 

With the vibration issues these truck can have the last thing we need is bad tires in the mix

Edited by reardiff
  • Like 2

Let us know how those KO'2 work out. I'm about ready to get a set but slightly smaller 275/60/20 and there seems to be LOTS of bad reviews due to unable to balance.  I had a set (two actually) a few years back on my prior truck and had no issues, but seems to be lots of complaints about it... 

With the vibration issues these truck can have the last thing we need is bad tires in the mix

After running these 295/60/20’s I’ve too decided to go with slightly smaller hopefully better ride quality.

Sent from Above

Before with 295/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

0f82db2b41e7972731079fa612d1eb9c.jpg

After with 285/60/20 BFG KO2’s

fbc505ec43459169fc11a0695b3a1e14.jpg

Immediately noticed a much smoother ride, faster acceleration and smoother braking. The smoother ride may be due to narrower and lighter tire as well as more rubber but I’m very happy with the ride quality as the Ridge Grapplers weren’t as smooth when they were new.

KO2’s are 5pounds lighter

Sent from Above

• Haha 1