Nitto Ridge Grapplers, 16K miles, sipes have all but disappeared!

TXGREEK

The downfall of KO2's is that they are a softer tire for the first half of it's life, then they turn into hockey pucks. Up in the north here they do anyway.

They will scrub off super fast if you tow a lot or use it on a plow truck. They are some of the best tires for snow and the plow guys love them but if they get one good winter out of a set of tires, it's not going to hit their bottom line that hard.

That’s good to know, appreciate it [emoji1303]

Sent from Above

The downfall of KO2's is that they are a softer tire for the first half of it's life, then they turn into hockey pucks. Up in the north here they do anyway.

They will scrub off super fast if you tow a lot or use it on a plow truck. They are some of the best tires for snow and the plow guys love them but if they get one good winter out of a set of tires, it's not going to hit their bottom line that hard.
Thanks for posting this. No one on this site ever mentioned this. Its right about what happened to mine. The ride just got worse and worse.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this. No one on this site ever mentioned this. Its right about what happened to mine. The ride just got worse and worse.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Forums are funny, either love to boast about their products or something they want to buy but the Ridge Grapplers are so highly loved you’d never hear anything negative unless envy was involved which then so is life

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

I had Nitto Terra Grappler G2’s and had about 20k miles on them when I traded my truck in. They were scary in the rain from about 10k miles on. I was going to replace them with the new Cooper AT3 XLT in 295/60/20 and actually ordered them and then all of the rebates on the new truck got to me so pulled the trigger on a 2019 Sierra. Going to put these on the new rig, have read great things about them, tread seems pretty tame and sidewalls look aggressive. Supposed to be great in the rain too.

d8c2e576d6a136ce1a5e29675e438542.jpgf58ab2ca8ee2fab6ee385557eb136ba6.jpg40e655e0745cc1eff70a0005b1ad00d9.jpge09c1dd9181248b18471cb99b0bd8a52.jpg803b9b4048c5ac405c07b26e88c6859f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In case anyone was interested in the 285/60/20 KO2’s, here are the specs from BFGOODRICH Website:

b9e29fbf368cf4a732192e347c134f4c.jpg

Not even half an inch shorter of a difference coming from the Ridge Grapplers 295/60/20’s down to 285/60/20 KO2’s. Pics will be posted shortly after I’m done with another couple cups of coffee [emoji6]

Sent from Above

I might concider these when time comes. Thing is I cant go smaller as I like the stuffed look and I endup lowering a 4x4 smh... 

I prefer the stuffed look too, which is hard to do so in the K2’s but ride quality is better just moving from a 34” to a 33.5”. My braking and acceleration immediately improved and haven’t tested whether mpg’s will be affected but I’m heading to the airport tomorrow which is about 20 miles away and will give me a perfect opportunity to do so.

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TXGREEK said:

I prefer the stuffed look too, which is hard to do so in the K2’s but ride quality is better just moving from a 34” to a 33.5”. My braking and acceleration immediately improved and haven’t tested whether mpg’s will be affected but I’m heading to the airport tomorrow which is about 20 miles away and will give me a perfect opportunity to do so.

Sent from Above

TXGREEK, assuming you live in TX, where about? I'm in Austin. 

• Like 1