Service Parking Brake

I had a very strange issue today on my 2019 AT4.  I came out to leave for the day, and I was met with a "service parking brake" message and a corresponding warning light on the dash.  The trouble is that the parking brake is on and will not release, so the truck is stuck in my garage.  It will not move forward or backwards with the throttle unless you really hammer it.  Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

1928025950_Screenshot2019-12-1323_16_14.thumb.jpg.818ed5c0ec02e5d95c45ce67298134b0.jpg

• 7 months later...

This just happened why 2020 Silverado this morning. Except I didn’t have the parking brake on at the time, so I wasn’t stuck- BUT the damned light and warning will not come off, and I can’t engage the parking brake now. This is just one of the MANY issues I’m having with my new Silverado, and I’m now realizing that most others are also going through similar issues with these trucks. What is happening?? Is GM going to take them back?? Myself, I’m not doing this on a weekly basis with these issues. Every week I’ve been having to go into the dealer service center. Sorry, just frustrated right now. 

I have a 2020 Silverado LTZ 6.2L with 4500 miles and after slowing down and accelerating again I noticed it was running very rough and seemed to be missing.  The Service ESC first came up and then the check engine light came on.  Shorty after the wrench and parking brake light came on, and I also noticed the whole time the traction control ight was illuminated.  Then the error message went to service parking brake.  This is some BS.  Will update when and if I get a resolution.

Service Praking Brake.JPG

Service ESC.jpg

Steering Assist.JPG

Edited by xeyedjohn
Add images

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 4:06 PM, xeyedjohn said:

I have a 2020 Silverado LTZ 6.2L with 4500 miles and after slowing down and accelerating again I noticed it was running very rough and seemed to be missing.  The Service ESC first came up and then the check engine light came on.  Shorty after the wrench and parking brake light came on, and I also noticed the whole time the traction control ight was illuminated.  Then the error message went to service parking brake.  This is some BS.  Will update when and if I get a resolution.

Service Praking Brake.JPG

Service ESC.jpg

Steering Assist.JPG

what did you find out i got same exact prob 6.2 hi country 100 miles thanks

I had to make an appointment with the dealer who told me the first they could see me was on 9/2.  As you can see my original post was on 8/10 so a little over 3 weeks before they would look at it.  Once I get it there I worry how long they will keep it and if they will be able to solve the problem or not.  I will make sure to post what I find out.  Fortunately this is not my daily driver so I can still get to work.  Not happy.

Mine has done this several times. Service ESC, Parking brake, and traction control I think. Then the transmission shifts funny. If I turn the truck off and on again it will go away. Don’t have much faith in my local dealer so I haven’t brought it in yet. 

2 minutes ago, KCU Beor said:

I really wish these trucks had kept the traditional parking brake...not the biggest fan of this push-button deal.

Surely there has to be a fix for this...I had a 2018 F-150 Platinum with the electric parking brake and never had an issue.  Hardly ever used it too.

I find myself making sure now I engage the parking brake then turning the engine off on my Sierra.

2019 Sierra 6.2 Denali - "Service Parking Brake"  occurs regularly. About 2 mo ago dealer installed "software update". Message disappeared for about 3 weeks. Now occurring again daily. In my case I can "clear it" by setting and releasing the brake while in Park. Very annoying. Going back in to the dealer Monday for this and oil change....

On 8/24/2020 at 8:40 PM, xeyedjohn said:

I had to make an appointment with the dealer who told me the first they could see me was on 9/2.  As you can see my original post was on 8/10 so a little over 3 weeks before they would look at it.  Once I get it there I worry how long they will keep it and if they will be able to solve the problem or not.  I will make sure to post what I find out.  Fortunately this is not my daily driver so I can still get to work.  Not happy.

mine had same messages and the missing bad rough runnin wrecker picked it up monday got it back today was a valve spring very happy with dealership

I'm glad you got your problem solved.  If i just had the parking brake errors that would be bad enough but like you Trwtow Terry mine ran so rough I couldn't drive it.  I still feel like it is not a good thing to have to deal with a valve spring in such a new truck.  I will let you know how mine turns out once I finally get it serviced, will be dropping off next Wednesday 9/2.

I had my truck towed yesterday one day early so it would ready to be checked out today.  The service department just called me today and told me there was a really bad misfire in cylinder 7 and one not quite as bad in cylinder 8.  They believe the injector stuck in 7 and will have to tear the motor down and replace it and maybe the one in number 8 as well.  It will take them a day or two to do that and then send their findings off to GM and then rebuild it.  The service department told me it would take about a week which I think is acceptable.  I was glad they were able to get the ball rolling right away.  Not happy about tearing into my new motor though, but what can i do.  I also had a bad experience with GM roadside service.  When I scheduled my appointment with the dealer 3 weeks ago they reminded me that my vehicle came with roadside service.  So Monday I called the number and a recorded message said with everything going on in the world today they were only scheduling service through the MyChevrolet App.  Ok no problem I have that on my phone so I did that.  No one ever called me or emailed me back, so I just called up my local tow guy i work with.  I'm glad I wasn't broke down on the side of the road somewhere.  Not sure how their service has been for anyone else.  Will post updates on the repairs as I get them.