Service Parking Brake

On 8/24/2020 at 6:47 PM, Trwtow said:

what did you find out i got same exact prob 6.2 hi country 100 miles thanks

I had the same thing on my 2021 6.2 RST. 

I got word back from the dealership. Bad lifters a bent pushrods.

• 1 month later...

Just started having this same issue in my 2021 RST (5.3l V8) bought in March of this year. Started running rough and misfiring yesterday on the way home. Could hear the knocking in the engine (thinking it was a stuck lifter or valve issue). The knock/tick increases in speed as the RPMs go up (and coasting with no gas pedal input stops the ticking). Parked it in front of the garage and checked the oil. It's due for a change (14% oil life left at about 6,500 miles, so first change). Oil is dirty and dark, as expected, but nothing that should be super sludgy. Turned it on today and engine is still running rough. After idling for about a minute, I got the Service Parking Brake and Service ESC messages with the traction control light. Calling dealer tomorrow.

• 2 months later...
On 8/24/2020 at 8:55 PM, Velocity12 said:

Mine has done this several times. Service ESC, Parking brake, and traction control I think. Then the transmission shifts funny. If I turn the truck off and on again it will go away. Don’t have much faith in my local dealer so I haven’t brought it in yet. 

This is exactly what just happened to my truck (2020 trail boss) took it to dealership they said they will look at it on Monday, hope the problem can be found and fixed. Downshifts horribly 12000 miles

Following. Just had to tow my 2021 Sierra 1500 SLT with the 6.2 into the dealer as well. Stopped and filled up with fuel and on the way to work it started to misfire and shifting hard. Stopped at another gas station along the way and parked it and had a buddy that I work with come pick me up. Returned after work to haul it into the dealer and went to start it to put it on my buddy's trailer, it started running real rough with the check engine light, service parking brake light, and check ECS light all on. Started second guessing the fuel and everything but had my receipt that said I had got premium fuel and not diesel. Truck has 10k miles on it and looks terrible being pulled into a dealer by a Ford.....LMAO

7 hours ago, luke adams said:

Following. Just had to tow my 2021 Sierra 1500 SLT with the 6.2 into the dealer as well. Stopped and filled up with fuel and on the way to work it started to misfire and shifting hard. Stopped at another gas station along the way and parked it and had a buddy that I work with come pick me up. Returned after work to haul it into the dealer and went to start it to put it on my buddy's trailer, it started running real rough with the check engine light, service parking brake light, and check ECS light all on. Started second guessing the fuel and everything but had my receipt that said I had got premium fuel and not diesel. Truck has 10k miles on it and looks terrible being pulled into a dealer by a Ford.....LMAO

Welcome to the site.

By your description of how the engine is running, my guess would be an internal failure, lifters, bent/broken push rod as possibilities. 

I got one of these. and it works great. It turns off the cylinder deactivation. https://www.edgeproducts.com/products/in-line_chips_and_modules/pulsar/pulsar_lt/parts/22451                                                                                                                               The truck runs better, no more auto shut off and I think I picked up some mileage.

• 1 month later...

my 2021 silverado 1500LT 5.3L has the same symptoms, this started about a week ago, service parking brake, rough idle, engine light and anti-traction disabled. i find if i turn it off and then restart it goes away but yesterday i got a message from onstar diagnostics that it detected a emissions problem and i need to take it in for service within 7 days.

On 11/23/2021 at 6:10 AM, Dominic58 said:

my 2021 silverado 1500LT 5.3L has the same symptoms, this started about a week ago, service parking brake, rough idle, engine light and anti-traction disabled. i find if i turn it off and then restart it goes away but yesterday i got a message from onstar diagnostics that it detected a emissions problem and i need to take it in for service within 7 days.

This is exactly what just happened to me today. I have already had injector #4 replaced because of this 3 weeks ago. 

Edited by Mark Crocker
add more info

• 3 months later...

My 2021 Sierra 1500 AT4 with 24000 miles, today the service ESC and parking brake screen came on. Cab started shaking if I drove above 45 mph. Steering screen on truck said to be careful.  I was pulling a trailer at the time. Was wondering if the light hook up from trailer to truck might have messed with trucks computer system. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 3:06 PM, xeyedjohn said:

I have a 2020 Silverado LTZ 6.2L with 4500 miles and after slowing down and accelerating again I noticed it was running very rough and seemed to be missing.  The Service ESC first came up and then the check engine light came on.  Shorty after the wrench and parking brake light came on, and I also noticed the whole time the traction control ight was illuminated.  Then the error message went to service parking brake.  This is some BS.  Will update when and if I get a resolution.

Service Praking Brake.JPG

Service ESC.jpg

Steering Assist.JPG

So, I having the same issue today(3/29/22). When going to doctor appointment!  Tried to get help from GMC service department, which was very little other than getting a appointment to get it checked & they would have to have it for 2-days & no loaner!