dieselfan1's 2018 Silverado build

dieselfan1

Also , she likes to drink more gas. Even with speedometer off I can tell the gas gauge moves down faster . If I had to guess it's probably around 13-14mpg.
Who cares gas is $1.59[emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

Also , she likes to drink more gas. Even with speedometer off I can tell the gas gauge moves down faster . If I had to guess it's probably around 13-14mpg.
Who cares gas is $1.59emoji38.png

Tell me you saw that coming  :) 

Edited by Grumpy Bear

10 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Tell me you saw that coming  :) 

I knew I was going to take a hit. I was thinking I would lose 5mpg.

Should I get some charts going so we can compare notes?????

• Haha 2

I really want to take a minute to thank the Guys at On the Rocks 4x4 Lonsdale MN for the installation of the lift kit. They took the time to go over everything with me. Very helpful with all my questions.

Rock solid outfit. They get 5 stars from me.

www.ontherocks4by4.com

11fa41c400b6def3ddb351eb0c4b6353.jpg

02d4d65c33f020f2ba42bca1e7e1725c.jpg

• Like 2

I ordered some lift shackles for the rear leafs. It will raise the rear an inch .

For the most part right now it's dead level. I took the spare tire off so there is zero weight in the back too. I want it up a little more so if I put some weight in the back, it don't sag.

Get them put on Friday.

Get all the bolts checked over and re-torqued at the same time. Can't say enough about On the Rocks 4x4.

Also ordered some gloss black wrap for my bowties.

Them big gold ones seem to stick out more now for some reason.

• Like 1

A real good buddy of mine stopped by this morning and was in awe when he saw the truck. He was looking over the front suspension and commented how simple of a setup it was. He said the Kryptonite UCA's were an excellent choice too. He has a 2012 3500 on a 6" BDS with 35's for his work truck /hauler and has every part in the  Kryptonite catalog on his front end.

I said "Thanks Sherlock" 

"I did my homework on this one" .

He also has a 79 Trans Am smoky and the bandit edition.

He's in the process of getting parts together for it and told me he has a few extra hood decals. The big bird decal gold in color. He said I could have one but I have to put it on the truck. I think it would look dumb but he insists it would look killer. The price is right but if it looks stupid then what?

One thing for sure now you need to be six feet tall to see the hood.

s-l1000.jpg

On 4/12/2020 at 8:00 AM, dieselfan1 said:

Little comparison with my other 2018b1b7466158afd842abd1fab9ecb739ef.jpg

I'm guessing your truck is on some unlevel ground here?

As for the bird decal, go for it. If you dont like it, tell your buddy it looks stupid and take it off.. or put it on the roof lol

I'm guessing your truck is on some unlevel ground here?

As for the bird decal, go for it. If you dont like it, tell your buddy it looks stupid and take it off.. or put it on the roof lol
It is unlevel. The driveway is a little lower on the right side.
The asphalt is shot also. Too many years of my heavy ass trucks parked there.

Did a little something today I been thinking about doing since I opened the boxes on the lift kit.

I cut a piece of 16g polished stainless steel and put it behind the McGaughys logo cutout on the the crossmember

I'm a big fan of stainless and this was a cheap and easy mod.a23bea656b253c7e7363b9783c06cf88.jpg6ce7be1daa72dc003967a98e42a25556.jpg

• Like 3

Got the lift shackles installed Friday night. Raised the rear another inch. Now it undoubtedly has a slight rake.

Without these it looked like the ass end was a hair lower. Ish. These pics don't do justice. 

Hopefully I can get it all cleaned up today and get it ready to get some pics on the Custom Offsets gallery. There is not many Crew cabs with a 6.5' bed on there. Even less with a 9"McGaughys and chrome wheels.

IMG_20200419_083259_01.jpg

image000000_02.jpg

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 1