dieselfan1's 2018 Silverado build

dieselfan1

I'm 20 miles N.W. of Minneapolis.
It's 20 degrees colder just 200 miles north of here. This winter has been a piece of cake compared to last year. Only had 12 days/nights below zero. And only 42" snow.
It will be 30 above here Saturday. I'll probably wash my trucks in my driveway with hot water in the pressure washer. I do it every time it's close to 30. Beats wasting $10 at the gas station plus I can douche the undercarriage to wash off the salt
Neighbors think I'm nuts.

The ball joints are Kryptonite . That's how they can lifetime warranty them. They make them .95ae6bdccc28ab998ef2fd503ad73227.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When you said something about douching your undercarriage it made me think of one of my pressure washing tools you might wana look into after going up! Got it off amazon for like $50 I believe, I’d have to check for you.
E3593A83-33E5-47A7-BEBB-2F4139175C9B.thumb.jpeg.765051318e7bc068aacbc2dbc95eac29.jpeg

makes cleaning your undercarriage really nice, especially if you use a foam cannon first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When you said something about douching your undercarriage it made me think of one of my pressure washing tools you might wana look into after going up! Got it off amazon for like $50 I believe, I’d have to check for you.
E3593A83-33E5-47A7-BEBB-2F4139175C9B.thumb.jpeg.765051318e7bc068aacbc2dbc95eac29.jpeg
makes cleaning your undercarriage really nice, especially if you use a foam cannon first.
I need that

• Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 8:53 PM, dieselfan1 said:

I finally had a chance to open up the boxes and make sure they got everything. All the parts are here. No missing parts. Yayhoo. Still waiting on the UCA's got them on eBay.

Very stout looking pieces with some pretty nice welds. The u bolts and brake line brackets are unpainted so I'm going to paint them tomorrow.

I also picked up my wheels/tires from my Ceramic Coating guy.

3 coats of Ceramic Pro. Chrome looks like a mirror. He said I could probably run them in the salt as long as I keep them clean but that's next to impossible this time of year. I'll wait. It's snowing as I type this. This is going to be a long six weeks waiting on the install. 88ca307d216b57f41bb6f5d522e684bf.jpg70fd613ca276efb3281bb25c8bf9c113.jpgb680d1b495a9d2a9d73782f5d867488d.jpg5363ce0aae1de0e7382c0faedafe317f.jpg483e3b77b58f54dbc93277b9ea72549d.jpgc6595ba6e2b0a3171c7a1962d19cf1ea.jpg

61e231a9c6e7942ccf7d0b428304164e.jpge75e9053227927b49d8bbe9fffdf9070.jpg

Your wife is going to be pissed off when she goes to change your sheets and finds them on the garage floor.....

• Haha 1

She gave the sheets to me.
She does get pissed when I grab a bath towel and bring it out to the garage[emoji16]

This is why I’ve got about 30 old towels saved up through the years in my garage, you’ll ALWAYS be needing one

Sent from Above

I'm 20 miles N.W. of Minneapolis.
It's 20 degrees colder just 200 miles north of here. This winter has been a piece of cake compared to last year. Only had 12 days/nights below zero. And only 42" snow.
It will be 30 above here Saturday. I'll probably wash my trucks in my driveway with hot water in the pressure washer. I do it every time it's close to 30. Beats wasting $10 at the gas station plus I can douche the undercarriage to wash off the salt
Neighbors think I'm nuts.

The ball joints are Kryptonite . That's how they can lifetime warranty them. They make them .95ae6bdccc28ab998ef2fd503ad73227.jpg

Can you grab a pic of the underside of that ball joint? Might fix the issue that everyone complains about on the cognitos - the underside of the ball joint on the cognitos doesn’t seal well against the arm so the grease escapes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you grab a pic of the underside of that ball joint? Might fix the issue that everyone complains about on the cognitos - the underside of the ball joint on the cognitos doesn’t seal well against the arm so the grease escapes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As soon as I get home I can . Few hours.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 8:26 PM, dieselfan1 said:

I'm ordering the Upper control arms this week. 

I went back and forth between the McGaughys which have pressed in balljoints and Cognito's that have bolt in balljoints. I then found a thread on here about Kryptonite UCA's the guy (ATXsilverice) was looking for feedback.

He wants some UCA's for his 17-18.

I did some digging and found these are pretty stout. Lifetime warranty on even the balljoints. 

Probably going to be at least a month before I get it in the shop to get the lift installed to much going on plus a new Grandson any day now. So my plate is full.

BTW it's f'ing snowing here again .

Did I mention I'm sick of winter already 

Screenshot_20200208-185251.thumb.png.c88baac0acb557fbdcf5ea35b2fe28b7.png

Glad I could be of assistance! Looking forward to seeing the end product here, makes me wish i could throw a 7-9 on my truck but being 24 I need to make more conservative purchases... 

Glad I could be of assistance! Looking forward to seeing the end product here, makes me wish i could throw a 7-9 on my truck but being 24 I need to make more conservative purchases... 
You only live once.
I had a lifted 85 Chevy 3/4 ton Silverado when was your age bought it brand new for $14,000
6" lift kit was like $600 and wheels and tires were another $1100.
Shit was cheap then.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

You only live once.
I had a lifted 85 Chevy 3/4 ton Silverado when was your age bought it brand new for $14,000
6" lift kit was like $600 and wheels and tires were another $1100.
Shit was cheap then.

Maybe on the next one. I was just happy to be able to throw the cash down on a brand new truck a year ago. Living is expensive now days. 

Maybe on the next one. I was just happy to be able to throw the cash down on a brand new truck a year ago. Living is expensive now days. 
You did just fine at 24. Welcome to life.[emoji16]

• Like 1