dieselfan1's 2018 Silverado build

dieselfan1

4 hours ago, jgraves13 said:

Can you grab a pic of the underside of that ball joint? Might fix the issue that everyone complains about on the cognitos - the underside of the ball joint on the cognitos doesn’t seal well against the arm so the grease escapes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it will seal real tight.

15817295744427765799868970794318.jpg

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I found a new place to do my lift kit install. I was going to go to 4 Wheel Parts but I found a way better deal .

On the Rocks 4x4 in Lonsdale MN. Small outfit works out of his garage. Little bit of a drive, (an hour away , 4wp is 15 minutes away) but no big deal to me. He said he would have it done in 2 days and is letting me use his extra car and it's about $350 less than 4 wp.  I had him pencil me in for around April 1st.

Edited by dieselfan1

I found a new place to do my lift kit install. I was going to go to 4 Wheel Parts but I found a way better deal .
On the Rocks 4x4 in Lonsdale MN. Small outfit works out of his garage. Little bit of a drive, (an hour away , 4wp is 15 minutes away) but no big deal to me. He said he would have it done in 2 days and is letting me use his extra car and it's about $350 less than 4 wp.  I had him pencil me in for around April 1st.

The suspense is killing me, do it already! [emoji41]

Sent from Above
  • Haha 1

The suspense is killing me, do it already! [emoji41]

Sent from Above
I want to but there's still a foot of snow on the ground here. The salt on the roads is at an all time high also. They don't even use sand anymore. They need to. It's all chemicals and salt.
Salt=destroy my new wheels. No.
I can wait a month.

I'm already looking ahead to next winter . I'm going to run my factory 22's with 37's. Probably need spacers to make them work. Then I need some
37x12.50x22 tires for winter. Not too spendy though.
At least the factory chrome 22"s hold up well in the salt but you need to keep them clean. Mine are still like new.
f606251505d6041e0410e083a4c81d38.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

This Corona virus deal has put my plans on hold. Had to shut my business down yesterday so the money stopped coming in immediately. I was planning on getting it done in the beginning of April but now I may end up installing myself but not sure if I will be able to right away.

Corona virus turned everything upside down fast. I sure hope they get it under control.

• Like 5

Yes sometimes you just got to take care of what's important. A lift kit ain't right now. I still want to get it done by On the Rocks but it might have to wait until summer. I don't know I got a buddy I would have to convince him to use his shop and his help and that would get it done faster but I can wait for now. I got bigger fish to fry.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2020 at 3:13 PM, dieselfan1 said:

This Corona virus deal has put my plans on hold. Had to shut my business down yesterday so the money stopped coming in immediately. I was planning on getting it done in the beginning of April but now I may end up installing myself but not sure if I will be able to right away.

Corona virus turned everything upside down fast. I sure hope they get it under control.

I so feel you on this. I’ve put my build on hold too, I have parts waiting to be installed at the shop that is now closed down until who knows when and my business has taken a big hit so now I’m just waiting things out. 

On 3/21/2020 at 10:43 AM, Ryguy said:

I so feel you on this. I’ve put my build on hold too, I have parts waiting to be installed at the shop that is now closed down until who knows when and my business has taken a big hit so now I’m just waiting things out. 

Thanks man . Really sucks to have everything ready to go except the install. I feel for you too.

Worse thing is I've kind of been planning this in my head for about a year. (I had a good idea I was going to go balls out on a lift kit when I drove it off the dealers lot) Then I finally pull the trigger and get the lift kit, tires and wheels at Xmas time.  Then I get to look at boxes of parts and my shiny new wheels and my humongous tires for almost three months waiting for winter to get over with an appointment to get it done April 1st.

Then this ****** happens.

Kind of like a little kid being told no. It sucks ass.?

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 3

I might have found a way to fund my install . My next door neighbor bought a 2019 Denali and wants my 22" wheels. I was thinking about selling them because they really aren't going to work anyway.

What's a fair price? I'm thinking about $1500. 

IMG_20181215_163227_01.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

I might have found a way to fund my install . My next door neighbor bought a 2019 Denali and wants my 22" wheels. I was thinking about selling them because they really aren't going to work anyway.

What's a fair price? I'm thinking about $1500. 

IMG_20181215_163227_01.jpg

That’s the going price over here in Dallas 

• Like 1