New Years Eve Plans, New Years Resolutions?

GPGuy

Me and my lady are gonna ring the new year in at the same spot we always do. Up at my old watering hole. Don't live over that way anymore, but for special occasions I still go! She used to call it "my second home" because if I wasn't home and up to my elbows in grease, she knew where she could find me. [emoji23]

It's called "Cheers", with decor and signage like the one from the TV show. Fully wooden bar, wood paneling, wood floor, brass bar all the way around. And even though I moved out of that town 3 years ago, everybody still knows my name.

The truck is staying home though!

Cheers fellas. Be safe.

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Me and my lady are gonna ring the new year in at the same spot we always do. Up at my old watering hole. Don't live over that way anymore, but for special occasions I still go! She used to call it "my second home" because if I wasn't home and up to my elbows in grease, she knew where she could find me. emoji23.png

It's called "Cheers", with decor and signage like the one from the TV show. Fully wooden bar, wood paneling, wood floor, brass bar all the way around. And even though I moved out of that town 3 years ago, everybody still knows my name.

The truck is staying home though!

Cheers fellas. Be safe.

That sounds really cool! You guys have fun! 

That sounds really cool! You guys have fun! 
Hey thanks, hope you have a good one as well! The place is awesome. I used to eat at some of the restaurants in the same plaza, and the bartender would see my truck go by the windows, and she'd pour my drink and put it at my usual seat. They'd text me that I punked them, and I'd drop in and have the drink and pay for it. Other times, especially after a long day at work, it was really nice to go sit down and have it there waiting for me. They're not just friends, they're like family. Seen me at my worst and my best and still welcome me in. We even visit with one another outside the bar. The world could use more places like Cheers.

I propose that we all upload a picture to this thread at the new year to toast to us and what makes this forum great. It would be nice to put faces to usernames, make it a little more personable.

Who's in?

21 minutes ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Hey thanks, hope you have a good one as well! The place is awesome. I used to eat at some of the restaurants in the same plaza, and the bartender would see my truck go by the windows, and she'd pour my drink and put it at my usual seat. They'd text me that I punked them, and I'd drop in and have the drink and pay for it. Other times, especially after a long day at work, it was really nice to go sit down and have it there waiting for me. They're not just friends, they're like family. Seen me at my worst and my best and still welcome me in. We even visit with one another outside the bar. The world could use more places like Cheers.

I propose that we all upload a picture to this thread at the new year to toast to us and what makes this forum great. It would be nice to put faces to usernames, make it a little more personable.

Who's in?

That truly seems like the true Cheers spirit. 

22 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Not a darn thing. Hang out here with the kids.

Hope 2020 is better than 2019 has ended emoji2361.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That doesn't sound too good... What happened?

2 minutes ago, HeySkippyDog said:

If you're ever in Seminole County, FL, your first one's on me.

Deal! Be careful though as Florida is one of my favorite states.