I have a 2014 Silverado.  Ever since new, I feel every little bump on the road.  Just purchased new Michelin tires.  Still no improvement.  What can I do to get smooth ride.  I have risen in F 150 and they are smooth as glass.  What is the deal.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Even though short, "davester" is on the right track.

Can you give us more detail...... Single, Double, Crew Cab? 1500, 2500? 18", 20", 22" wheels?

Load ratings on Tires can play a part, as well as tire pressure.  There are so many things that will provide tiny bits of relief that may add up to enough to be satisfied with the ride.

On 1/9/2020 at 8:36 PM, David Roark said:

Just a regular 2 wheel drive LT

What Z RPO codes do you have on your sticker in the glove box.

If you have Z82 towing package, or the Z85 firm ride, you do have a stiffer rear suspension set up for towing or handling package.

What are you running for air pressure in your tires/what type did you buy? Not brand, but load rating.

Edited by JimCost2014

On 1/9/2020 at 9:38 PM, David Roark said:

Also, my average gas mileage has gone from high 19 to about mid14. 

Any suggestions for improvement ?

Winter blend of gas is known to reduce fuel economy 2-5 MPG in some cases.  But with a 2014 and a direct injection engine, you're due for a good engine cleaning.  BG44k in the gas tank a few times a year, in addition to running top tier fuel, and the next time you have an oil change, run this for about 10 min in the engine crankcase before you change the oil.  These DI engines can really benefit from it.  Lots of carbon build up. 

https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/engine/bg-epr-engine-performance-restoration/

16 hours ago, Colossus said:

Winter blend of gas is known to reduce fuel economy 2-5 MPG in some cases.  But with a 2014 and a direct injection engine, you're due for a good engine cleaning.  BG44k in the gas tank a few times a year, in addition to running top tier fuel, and the next time you have an oil change, run this for about 10 min in the engine crankcase before you change the oil.  These DI engines can really benefit from it.  Lots of carbon build up. 

https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/engine/bg-epr-engine-performance-restoration/

The worst kind of advice possible. It sounds like you know what you’re talking about but you don’t.

The carbon buildup is in the intake path, particularly around the intake valves, because DI no longer has fuel being sprayed into the intake path which caused the valves and intake ports to clean themselves.

So what do you recommended to this guy

-a fuel based cleaner to solve the carbon buildup that is only there because the fuel never touches the effected areas.

-top tier fuel? Again

-and you recommended an oil additive cleaner as well?

Hopefully the guy sees this and does not waste his time and money on that crap

I saw your comment and paused before I purchased BG or MOC that many dealers sell.  

So I need a fuel based cleaner and a oil additive cleaner.  Is that right?  And do you recommend a particular brand or brands?  The last I used and was brought up on was STP.