Good Deal? 11 GMC Seirra

I'm looking at a 2011 GMC Sierra Regular Cab Short box(6' 7") with 82K on it. Dealer is asking $14,7K. I've been thru the KBB & their values seem to be all over the place ($9700 to $13K). They have the truck listed on a couple sites which list the KBB value. Both sites say theyre asking about $1400 above market value. I went over to the dealer, test drove & shot numbers back n forth. He showed me what his computer gave as a market value $15,500. He said he would be selling for under what they're told & go by. 

I offered $13K then $13,300. I got him to $13,500 plus tax tags and their "doc" fees of $398 or so which imo is outrageous. Out the door price $14,9K, give or take. 

I was wondering if anyone else out there is looking at the same year model and if so what they paid? I can only find 2 other references online near my area. One is 2011 with 73K miles but a v6 at $10,995. 

Not quite sure if I'm overpaying or at the high end of the KBB. The manager seems to believe his values are inline yet he dropped to $13,800 and tried pretty hard to sell that price tag where as I was stuck at $13,300 going off what I saw KBB listing the higher end value of the price bracket 

Ill have to wait for their call tomorrow and see what they say the bank will do & what the payment per month will be. I wanted a 72 month period but they said the bank will only offer 48 mos.due to the year of the truck.  I told them I want a lower monthly payment as there is no warranty and need extra money to be able to fix it. They mentioned buying a 3rd party warranty but I dont want to buy one that isnt going to offer much help in repairs. Just a waste of money imo. 

I agree when I saw the doc fees near $400 I nearly fell off the chair. PA needs a cap on that imo. 

I know $11K is out as I couldnt even get them to agree to $13,3.  I tried every angle but the best was $13,5. from $14,7. They bragged about coming down $1200. 

My state has a $500 cap on doc fees. All dealers charge $499 doc fee in my state. I always look at private party before playing games with the dealer.

I ended up going out of state to buy my new truck because al of the BS with stealers in my state.

PA and Jersey are two of the worst around with doc fees. Neither state have rules on it. Free reign for them. I am starting to consider out of state myself. I found a 16 but it has report front end damage. Not sure the extent to the damage but the truck has 30K on it and one owner. NY also has a limit of $75 for doc fees from what I am hearing. 

I am searching private party as well. I just missed a nice 07 from AZ/NV area that the guy moved to RI. 170 on a 5.3 with zero rust. 3 days on the market and it was sold. Thats when I reached out for this one with the 4.8L with 80K on it. Its a nice truck but may be able to find something newer with a longer term loan period & less mileage.