TB Fit in Garage

On 1/13/2020 at 11:12 PM, OkieMedic said:

Will a TB fit in a standard height garage? I measured the garage and compared it to the specs listed on the website, but I just wanted to be sure. 

ok,  color me stupid (or just too old)  but what the heck does "TB" stand for?  truck body, turd burglar, turkey breast... lol

4 minutes ago, wizard4878 said:

ok,  color me stupid (or just too old)  but what the heck does "TB" stand for?  truck body, turd burglar, turkey breast... lol

Trail Boss.  (throws color on you like a 5K color run)  Haha.  Too many acronyms for sure man.  

6 hours ago, wizard4878 said:

Trail Boss has a factory 2" lift.

It is available on 2 1500 trim levels for 2020..

Custom Trail Boss, and LT Trail Boss

The 2" lift is also available on 1500 sierra as the AT4 -- but it's a trim level slotted between SLT and Denali.

2500's don't get a factory lift -- but standard height 2500's are taller than 1500's with the lift.

Did you figure it out? I am in the same situation with the AT4, my dealer is 45 minutes away so would like to find an answer before I go ahead with the deal. I have 83 inches clearance at my garage door. Specs say 78.33 is the height of the truck but does not say if that includes the fin or not. Any one able to help out?

One of the best things I did with my house when we built was to put larger doors in.  The garage is 24'x24' but my two doors are 8 feet high and 10 feet wide; we also did 10 foot high ceilings. 

We weren't that smart, but experience was an effective teacher.  Our old house had standard 9x7 doors and I had to thread a needle every time I pulled through the door with my old F150.  The antenna would always scrape and scare the crap out of me as well. 

Hope she fits for you; good luck.

Edited by Foghorn19

1 minute ago, Foghorn19 said:

One of the best things I did with my house when we built was to put larger doors in.  The garage is 24'x24' but my two doors are 8 feet high and 10 feet wide; we also did 10 foot high ceilings.  We weren't that smart, but experience was an effective teacher.  Our old house had standard 9x7 doors and I had to inhale every time I pulled through the door.  Hope she fits for you; good luck.

Yes when I built my shop I went with 10 foot high doors! I have a boat that I put in my garage before I built the shop. I had 1/2 inch to spare on it and was nervous every time I backed it in! The 10 foot is the way to go. However my truck needs to be in the garage and no way to make it taller.

On 1/15/2020 at 3:54 PM, wizard4878 said:

Trailblazer!  Small enough to fit in just about any garage!  LOL

• Haha 1

I put the bds 4” lift on my at4 (6 inch total) plus 35s and I fit my 7’ garage. Barely, but it fits. I did make sure the door rolled all the way up to the top of the opening though, as it was about an inch low before. You’ll have no issue with fitting height wise stock on a 7’ garage, except the antenna hitting, but I got a 6.5” antenna for that too.