Installing undercover swing case question

Picked up an undercover swing case for Xmas. Now looking through I noticed it’s only held on by 6 self tapping screws. 

ive read some people use those self rappers with great success. But I’ve also read some places people have used regular nuts and bolts by going through the tail light and wheel well or use Rivnuts. 

what’s the best way of attaching this to the truck? 
pic for attention

EE03F922-27E0-463D-9EBB-4F0F2FAD5984.jpeg

I just used the self tapping ones when I had one. Rivet nutz would be stronger if you have a riveter, but then you’re drilling so make sure you don’t chew up anything behind the bed sheet metal in that area. (Might still wanna take the brake light housing out in that case.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just use the screws, you will never load it that heavy to have the screws failt. The box will crack before the screws will.

I had mine well over a year and no rust or anything. Just dont tighten them crazy, use a drill to about 90% in, then use a ratchet to tighten so you dont strip the screw.

What's the big deal?  Don't think about it too much.

Used the self tappers on both in the '16 fore 3 years with no problems.  Used it on the one in the '19 no problem. No rust, never loosened.

• 2 weeks later...

I just put this in last weekend. I just used the self-tappers and it worked awesome, plus I didn't over-tighten them either. I also have a spray-in bedliner, which I doubt helped nor hindered, but I think it may have gotten better contact of the bracket than to the metal bed itself.