Wheel locks for 19 trail boss with 20in oem rims

We are having a rash of wheels being stolen in our area and I’d hate to go through that headache with my new trail boss. I also don’t want to overpay for wheellocks through Chevy accessories.. they are currently charging $65 I believe. Does anyone have the correct Mcgard part number that would fit the trail boss 20inch some rims?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, Ajayen said:

We are having a rash of wheels being stolen in our area and I’d hate to go through that headache with my new trail boss. I also don’t want to overpay for wheellocks through Chevy accessories.. they are currently charging $65 I believe. Does anyone have the correct Mcgard part number that would fit the trail boss 20inch some rims?

I have a new unopened GM set I'll sell you for $40 + shipping.

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2020 at 10:14 AM, Ajayen said:

I have a new in package factory GM lock set I'll make a deal on. P.M. me if interested.

21 minutes ago, Chrisj4 said:

Has anyone used the Gorilla Guard wheel locks and knows which to purchase for the '19 CTB with 20" OEM rims?

I have the Gorilla Guard licks on a few other vehicles. Really nice quality ??

3 hours ago, JimZRyd said:

From what I've read they are your best bet for a locking lug nut. There are so many choices of M14x1.5, I dunno which one to choose... and of course their website says they don't sell directly to the public (although their amazon account very much does) and is no help what-so-ever...

6 hours ago, Chrisj4 said:

From what I've read they are your best bet for a locking lug nut. There are so many choices of M14x1.5, I dunno which one to choose... and of course their website says they don't sell directly to the public (although their amazon account very much does) and is no help what-so-ever...

It’s been a while but I bought straight from them. Still should be able to contact them for any questions. 

14 hours ago, JimZRyd said:

I just ordered these yesterday for my truck, I'll be getting them installed tonight.  I had the wheels stolen off my 17' Sierra with the factory Mcgard locks on them, but I still always have locks on all my vehicles

Edited by pewterliftedz

If they want them bad enough they will still get them. Also most of the company’s will make you new keys with just a picture of the lock. Also there are Wheel Locks removers and there cheap. Locks will discourage the amateurs but it won’t professionals. More trouble then there worth imho most people lose the key or it gets old and breaks

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, greco2003 said:

If they want them bad enough they will still get them. Also most of the company’s will make you new keys with just a picture of the lock. Also there are Wheel Locks removers and there cheap. Locks will discourage the amateurs but it won’t professionals. More trouble then there worth imho most people lose the key or it gets old and breaks

Yea I'm with ya. They're an eye sore, stick out like a sore thumb and I don't like them. I have a new set and won't put them on. I'll sell for cheap if someone needs.

• Like 1

I ordered the Gorilla Guard locks part number 64641 after reviewing the last model thread about the same thing... I will update once they are installed...

12 hours ago, pewterliftedz said:

I just ordered these yesterday for my truck, I'll be getting them installed tonight.  I had the wheels stolen off my 17' Sierra with the factory Mcgard locks on them, but I still always have locks on all my vehicles

Do you happen to know which ones were installed? 

1 hour ago, Chrisj4 said:

I ordered the Gorilla Guard locks part number 64641 after reviewing the last model thread about the same thing... I will update once they are installed...

I had the factory locks that come on these trucks, the long skinny ones with a keyed end.  They just slammed a socket onto the end and took them off.  I found them sitting on the ground with the other lug nuts 

Edited by pewterliftedz
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, pewterliftedz said:

I had the factory locks that come on these trucks, the long skinny ones with a keyed end.  They just slammed a socket onto the end and took them off.  I found them sitting on the ground with the other lug nuts 

I understand they’re not perfect, but I live in a very rural area with a lot of opportunists (methheads) rather that professionals... anything I can do to lessen the likelihood this scum will bust up my truck is a little piece of mind while working 12-16 hour shifts saving their asses... haha

8 hours ago, Chrisj4 said:

I bought a set, same part #, and unfortunately they don't fit. I don't believe they have made a set to fit the '19 or '20. The M14 x 1.5 is correct but the seat of the lug goes straight into the wheel. It doesn't hold your wheel on in any way. Sent them straight back to Amazon.

Edit: They were installed on 18" OEM trail boss wheels and not the 20"

Edited by Forrest_E
  • Thanks 1