Intellibeam and Lane Keep Assist Not Working

Hi! First post. Also a first time GMC owner. Have a 2019 Sierra Denali with 9500 miles.

Noticed recently the Intellibeam and Lane Keep Assist not working. The button to the Intellibeam doesn’t turn it on and the Lane Keep Assist button doesn’t turn it on. They used to work. So I have an appointment with the dealer 40 miles away. Basically will be devoting a day for this. Would be great if there are some “things’ I could try before making the trip! Thanks for ideas!

Steve

6 minutes ago, sfarson said:

Hi! First post. Also a first time GMC owner. Have a 2019 Sierra Denali with 9500 miles.

Noticed recently the Intellibeam and Lane Keep Assist not working. The button to the Intellibeam doesn’t turn it on and the Lane Keep Assist button doesn’t turn it on. They used to work. So I have an appointment with the dealer 40 miles away. Basically will be devoting a day for this. Would be great if there are some “things’ I could try before making the trip! Thanks for ideas!

Steve

Sounds like a blown fuse. 

31 minutes ago, sfarson said:

Thanks everyone. Had the truck in for recalls and technical service bulletins about a month ago.

Maybe there is an update. Maybe it's a fuse.

The symptoms sound like what happens when one of the recent recalls is completed. [Recall N192275630]. The tech after completing this recall, the camera error codes need to be reset and the camera needs to be placed in the relearn mode. But if it was working after those recalls, have you checked your infotainment settings to ensure most of the safety settings are enabled?

I had the software updates done on Friday in which on my work order said "Reprogram Front Camera", well I noticed on the way home both my Intellibeam and lane assist stopped working, I dropped it off this morning and they said they'd have it back for me tonight. We'll see. 

Ok, dealer called, my front Camera is "Blown Out". They first tried to tell me it was due to my Radar detector being plugged in to that harness, I didn't accept that answer and told them what my findings were on the forum, they then proceed to tell me that the camera is on national back order, it will be 7 days before they can get it and then said it must be an issue since they are on back order. I told them I find it odd that I dropped off the truck for a software update in which they reprogrammed the front camera and then when I pick it up it's suddenly my radar detector was the issue, I think not. 

I continue to appreciate your posts everyone.

This is my first GMC. Bought it because I read reviews noting the reliability of the brand. Hmmmm. I didn't mention that last September the transmission went south (even tough I drive like an old lady), and that it took two weeks to be fixed. Get this... the service tech needed a pin from GMC to finish the repair, but the pin could only be delivered via email and no emails happen with GMC Corp over weekends. So instead of picking up Friday afternoon waited three more days for a Monday afternoon pick up.

Oh, and the automatic step rails/boards squeek when the temps are below freezing (I live at almost 9000 ft in Colorado), but because the service garage is above freezing, the squeek can't be duplicated, so they guess with silicon spray, as do I, but the cold weather squeeking remains.

So it sounds like all I can really do is take it to the dealer (almost 100 miles round trip - thus why I really value reliability), and if it is a camera causing the Intellibeam and Lane Keep Assist woes, then probably wait for the part to come in, and then make another dedicated trip to see if that fixes it. Not that these are critical needs, but dang, when someone spends $60K+ for the new truck, one kinda hopes everything works for a reasonable amount of time.

I had the same issue happen to me and I had to go back and get my front camera recalibrated. Even after that, my issue was not resolved so I contacted my dealership and they told me if the recalibration doesn’t fix it, GM said not to do any repairs as they don’t have a solution for it at this time. Really disappointed in this.

15 hours ago, nealap said:

I had the same issue happen to me and I had to go back and get my front camera recalibrated. Even after that, my issue was not resolved so I contacted my dealership and they told me if the recalibration doesn’t fix it, GM said not to do any repairs as they don’t have a solution for it at this time. Really disappointed in this.

The dealership should connect their GDS2 system up and clear any codes and then select the Configuration / Reset function. Then the vehicle should travel down a well marked road at speeds between 36-56 mph while the system calibrates. The GDS2 system should still be connected so the tech can follow the instructions.  Thats what my Tech and I did with my truck.

I just took mine in to get the brake assist recall which reprogram the front camera.   After the recall was done, the service mgr told me they had to do the camera relearn and it involved hooking up laptop and driving on elk marked road just as Rocz3cqg stated above.  He did say that it is not noted anywhere in the recall procedure that this had to be done.  Everything works once they did that.

6 hours ago, Smoothie said:

I just took mine in to get the brake assist recall which reprogram the front camera.   After the recall was done, the service mgr told me they had to do the camera relearn and it involved hooking up laptop and driving on elk marked road just as Rocz3cqg stated above.  He did say that it is not noted anywhere in the recall procedure that this had to be done.  Everything works once they did that.

Glad it worked. It does say in the procedure to stay connected because a few adjustments have to be made manually. ie clearing codes etc.

• Thanks 1