2018 Silverado "Service Theft Deterrent system"

I recently (six months ago) bought a 2018 Chevrolet Silverado from a local delaership.  About a month into my new purchase the truck would not start and the "service theft deterrent" message came across the screen.  I waited about 5 minutes and then it started.  This has been going on for as long as I have had the truck and I am so frustrated that a vehicle with 40,000 miles on it (had 30,000 +/- when purchased) would do this. The dealership from which I purchased the vehicle is NO help at all, they want to charge me upwards of 900.00 to replace some module.  I have looked into "forums" and people are saying that you can reset this with your key fob, I DONT HAVE KEY FOBS.  Is there anyone out there that can tell me how to fix this for good?

I recently (six months ago) bought a 2018 Chevrolet Silverado from a local delaership.  About a month into my new purchase the truck would not start and the "service theft deterrent" message came across the screen.  I waited about 5 minutes and then it started.  This has been going on for as long as I have had the truck and I am so frustrated that a vehicle with 40,000 miles on it (had 30,000 +/- when purchased) would do this. The dealership from which I purchased the vehicle is NO help at all, they want to charge me upwards of 900.00 to replace some module.  I have looked into "forums" and people are saying that you can reset this with your key fob, I DONT HAVE KEY FOBS.  Is there anyone out there that can tell me how to fix this for good?
Well just be cause you don't have key fobs doesn't mean you don't have the factory alarm, so you can check for it by opening the drivers door and pressing the lock button. It should ding a few times. Close the door. The alarm should honk the horn and lock the doors. At that point its endless possibilities. The dealer should be able to pull soft codes most shops can.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

OP, did you lose the key fobs, or did the dealership sell you this truck without them? If the latter is the case you should be breathing hot and heavy down their necks to provide you with them at no charge to you. In a modern vehicle key fobs are almost a necessity, about like getting a vehicle without a steering wheel and be expected to steer with a pair of vise grips clamped on the steering shaft.

No i have not confirmed yet
Cool deal. Well once confirmed couple of questions. Do you still have the factory radio? Once you exit do the interior lights/ radio stay on for long periods after the drivers door has been closed?

I have done what you asked.  I Opened the door, locked it and waited, nothing.  I do have the original radio and the lights do stay on after you walk away from it.  I have noticed that the truck will honk the horn (randomly) when it is sitting alone (has happened a few times). 

I have done what you asked.  I Opened the door, locked it and waited, nothing.  I do have the original radio and the lights do stay on after you walk away from it.  I have noticed that the truck will honk the horn (randomly) when it is sitting alone (has happened a few times). 

Ok i think you are pressing the lock button by the window correct? I'm speaking of the one on the armrest by the window switches. All you should have to do is push it to lock, close the door and wait for it to honk.

23 hours ago, Dukes64 said:

Im not sure what CPO means

Certified Pre Owned, if it is, by law they have to give you at least one key fob.

If it is not, and the previous owner did not turn them in, they do not owe you any. 

Probably pretty important question we did not ask, what trim level is the truck?

Edited by JimCost2014