Multi Pro Tailgate Removal

On 2/18/2020 at 8:54 AM, hkyfsh said:

Just an FYI.  I ordered this camera.  I talked to their customer service and they said this will complete the circuit on the surround vision system without having to take the camera out of the tailgate.  

https://camera-source.com/automotive-cams/gm-oe-fit/2019-gm-1500-w-360-view-relocation-kit-with-camera-included.html

I did. It's basically the exact same camera that's in the tailgate, wiring and all. It comes with an enclosure that you can mount anywhere. I have it on my camper. 100% recommend. Very easy install and works perfectly. 

Well, I heard from Chevy. They sent it to their engineers. They said it was designed that way. Time to get new engineers. There was no recourse. They don't understand how may people need to remove the tailgate as they were too busy celebrating all the new cameras they designed. Pretty sad. Didn't even say they would look into it. Maybe when they start losing sales and getting more complaints?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2020 at 4:10 PM, Morgan Swisher said:

Mine sticks out farther image.png.40ddf1d621a8b30d71a08549fdc2fdf9.png

How do you like that reese hitch extension? Does it hold up very well or in your opinion is the superhitch a better option? Trying to decide on which one for my 2020. Thanks

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I saw on this forum somewhere that a guy had researched and found the wiring harness that would plug in where the camera and tailgate lock controls plug into. He posted a pic of harness and part #. Now I can't find it and want to order one.

On 4/2/2020 at 10:11 PM, Gerry Ireland said:

I unplugged mine  no dummy plugs to protect wiring harness and no cameras were working

You don’t need a dummy plug or harness just to protect the connector. It is quite easy to bag the connector to protect it.     You also can get just a camera cable separately to hook up a replacement for the tailgate camera. I bought a gm tailgate camera of the same part number for $90, made an enclosure and installed it on the back of my camper. I bought my FAKRA cable from Pasternack.com for around $30. 

9F0DB3A0-184A-41B5-9E68-BE411A5BB194.jpeg