4WD RST Vs LT TB

6 minutes ago, disneybaker said:

Which is a better deal and why? Stuck on fence if that 2” of lift on TB is worth it, or if 4WD RST with some mud tires would be just as capable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good question here i would love some feed back . Also Ranchos shocks on the TB vs stock shocks on the RST ..But maybe some bilstiens on the RST would work ?

25 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Very good question here i would love some feed back . Also Ranchos shocks on the TB vs stock shocks on the RST ..But maybe some bilstiens on the RST would work ?

I really like the Trail Boss but decided on RST, z71, 20” wheels with KO2’s, Eibach Pro Truck Sport Shocks and I am very pleased after 16,000 miles. I am 67 and my Dad is 90 so I opted against the 2” lift. My wife is only 5’2” so that was a factor also. These new trucks are big and mine sits plenty high for me. I budgetEd for tires and shocks when shopping. I waited 6 months for the Bilstein 4600 but very happy with the Eibachs and their customer service. I pulled my 6,000 Jayco 250 miles and back during deer season and have pulled my Polaris Ranger at least 1,000 miles. It tows both with ease but my gas mileage is only 8 mpg with Jayco. Luckily I only tow it to the ranch is Sep and home in late Jan.

Good luck shopping and hope you find one you like. I highly recommend the standard bed, bucket seats and Bose. I also like the two tone (brown/gray) interior. It looks sharper than black in my opinion.

I was in same predicament....but that 2in rancho lift can be purchased from GM for 1k,  or any other lift of your choosing and there are plenty better....wheels and tires can be bought or buy any combo you want and sell your stock ones (they go for pretty penny if you sell alonst new and will almost cover the new wheels)

so my choices were RST or LT for 35.6k, custom TB for same or LT TB for 50k plus....well I am not going to give GM 15k because they put a 2in lift, it just doesn't make any sense......I will have a LT TB if I put same GM 2in lift and tires and better if I went icon, fox or king setup and would still be thousands cheaper than an LT TB.....sure you have to do some legwork, sell stuff, go to susp shop but so what.....in my case totally worth it

so before you buy a truck make sure you know what your paying for ..buy the interior the exterior is easy and cheaper...

I was actually going to go with king 2.5 setup and UCA but I don't really need it and it would be about $3500 total (still way under a LT TB) and much, much better shocks than rancho but decided to save my money and just go with eibach kit, its plenty for me for now.....

Edited by Dunn
  • Like 2

Good luck shopping and hope you find one you like. I highly recommend the standard bed, bucket seats and Bose. I also like the two tone (brown/gray) interior. It looks sharper than black in my opinion.

We had an argument about doing anything afterMarket to it becuase it’s hers, she don’t need a lift kit or fancy tires on it (hence the TB, on my decision, she just sees a truck, that’s what she wants

Yup. Strictly speaking of a better deal...dealers tend to hold the line on Trail Boss prices and GM holds off on many incentives. It, and the AT4 have been the real success stories and probably saved GM’s bacon on what otherwise was a “rough” rollout and sales stretch to say the least. 

Hands down, best value for money is the LT or RST trucks with the All Star packages. Usually that’s the one they advertise and give the best incentives on, and the features you get for the price are just unmatched. Some of the stuff in those trucks wouldn’t be in a basic K2 LTZ or SLT!

2020 made things a little interesting because the 5.3/10 speed in the LT Trail Boss is an attractive package over the 5.3/8 speed in the LT/RST. But there is a huge price difference for what amounts to that, some stickers and a 2” lift kit.

If I were in the market for a Trail Boss type truck, I’d get an RST Z71, buy the GM lift, installed and warrantied at a GM dealer, and save 5-10k.

• Like 1

Just now, Snuff said:

I really like the Trail Boss but decided on RST, z71, 20” wheels with KO2’s, Eibach Pro Truck Sport Shocks and I am very pleased after 16,000 miles. I am 67 and my Dad is 90 so I opted against the 2” lift. My wife is only 5’2” so that was a factor also. These new trucks are big and mine sits plenty high for me. I budgetEd for tires and shocks when shopping. I waited 6 months for the Bilstein 4600 but very happy with the Eibachs and their customer service. I pulled my 6,000 Jayco 250 miles and back during deer season and have pulled my Polaris Ranger at least 1,000 miles. It tows both with ease but my gas mileage is only 8 mpg with Jayco. Luckily I only tow it to the ranch is Sep and home in late Jan.

I'd recommend against Bose because it's only available in Convenience Package 2, which also includes the sliding rear window that leaks. 

I was in same predicament....but that 2in rancho lift can be purchased from GM for 1k,  or any other lift of your choosing and there are plenty better....wheels and tires can be bought or buy any combo you want and sell your stock ones (they go for pretty penny if you sell alonst new and will almost cover the new wheels)

so my choices were RST or LT for 35.6k, custom TB for same or LT TB for 50k plus....well I am not going to give GM 15k because they put a 2in lift, it just doesn't make any sense......I will have a LT TB if I put same GM 2in lift and tires and better if I went icon, fox or king setup and would still be thousands cheaper than an LT TB.....sure you have to do some legwork, sell stuff, go to susp shop but so what.....in my case totally worth it

so before you buy a truck make sure you know what your paying for ..buy the interior the exterior is easy and cheaper...

I was actually going to go with king 2.5 setup and UCA but I don't really need it and it would be about $3500 total (still way under a LT TB) and much, much better shocks than rancho but decided to save my money and just go with eibach kit, its plenty for me for now.....

They are essentially the same price equipping rst with z71 package, it won’t allow 2.7 if z71 is ordered, 5702bedf3a7a7fab50a29500393a57e9.jpg

a75070c787e1079968b6abd770376504.jpg

19 minutes ago, disneybaker said:

They are essentially the same price equipping rst with z71 package, it won’t allow 2.7 if z71 is ordered, 5702bedf3a7a7fab50a29500393a57e9.jpg

a75070c787e1079968b6abd770376504.jpg

when I bought mine they weren't nearly same, well MSRP wasn't a huge difference  but what you could actually buy trucks for was huge .....I saved like 12k and on LT TB there was no deal and they were still about 5-6k higher in MSRP.....

if she doesn't care about lift why even consider it, just get her a truck.....save your money 

Edited by Dunn
  • Like 1

when I bought mine they weren't nearly same, well MSRP wasn't a huge difference  but what you could actually buy trucks for was huge .....I saved like 12k and on LT TB there was no deal and they were still about 5-6k higher in MSRP.....

if she doesn't care about lift why even consider it, just get her a truck

I gotcha rebates weren’t extended to TB yet because that was their new cash cow like when raptors came out as special order, and hellcats and such, now they are a dime a dozen

still don't think they discount them as much as others, for 2020 maybe not huge discounts yet but their will be.....have heard some guys getting over 20% on 2020 models but not TB

Edited by Dunn

yeah that wouldn't be quite enough for me,...2020 just came out, but some are claiming 20% on 2020 models already.....I spent quite a bit of time to get deal I got....just depends if its important....

I talked to at least 20-30 dealerships.....their such snakes, lol....

either way the difference is only lift and wheels, everything else is same or is option....and then to see if they will actually sell it for that....

I had a lot of ad prices re nigged once i was serious and followed up....not just chevy but dodge, ford as well, not sayin they wont but it happened more than it didn't thats for sure...

either way they are great trucks....haven't had any issues and love mine as am sure your wife will too.....good luck

Edited by Dunn

yeah that wouldn't be quite enough for me,...2020 just came out, but some are claiming 20% on 2020 models already.....I spent quite a bit of time to get deal I got....just depends if its important....  

I talked to at least 20-30 dealerships.....their such snakes, lol....

either way the difference is only lift and wheels, everything else is same or is option....and then to see if they will actually sell it for that....

I had a lot of ad prices re nigged once i was serious and followed up....not just chevy but dodge, ford as well, not sayin they wont but it happened more than it didn't thats for sure...

either way they are great trucks....haven't had any issues and love mine as am sure your wife will too.....good luck

$51,900 to $41,600 is 19.8% is that a good number, I looked for a used suburban for a good year and a half before I pulled the trigger

And I have another $1000 bonus cash from my gm card not in that price